• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Garden Destroyed

Well got up this morning went out to walk my dog and check on my garden. 12 tomato plants torn up and chucked around my yard bicycle tracks everywhere tore thru my pepper patch as well haven't surveyed the whole garden yet want to cry :( I'm a disabled vet live on a very small budget looks like I'm out of luck this year.
At least I got a late start on my pepper plants have 10 more waiting to go but the rest of my garden is kaput!! Tore my cucumber trellis right off the side of my house.
I'm super nice to everyone in my neighborhood including the kids. I mow my elderly neighbors lawns and ask for nothing at do bad things happen to good people!!!!!!!!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvgggggggggggggghh :(
Does anyone know if I can replant the broken stem and get it to root they tore them up pretty bad hope I can save some of them!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)
What's the point busted my ass to get my garden done after my injury, was extremely painful to even get it together this year so PISSED OFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!

toms are insanely robust... i break stems all the time from neglect and most survive.. 
most are like 25%-50% of the stem though, not all the way obiviously. 

when i do is straighten the break. wrap the stem in a single layer of parafilm, then use zip ties on the broken bit to hold it together.

like half the time it works and mends together. the other half the plants just like... what ever and grows a huge calluses over the break and keeps going.

it takes a big break, throught like 60% of the stem to kill a tom.

if your plants wilt bad after a break, its done, just get rid of it and save the heart ache.

if it just wilts slightly its in trouble, but could easily survive, especially if you have mild temperatues and sun at the time.

if it does not wilt at all, its probably going to survive provided the cut is not infected by something odious.
shitty kids btw.

i bet you are pro choice now eh? lul, jokes.

Man, that blows. I wish I was your neighbor so I could help you dish out a little suburban guerilla "parenting". And by "parenting", I mean replanting your whole garden and then hiding in the bushes with searchlight and a SuperSoaker full of gasoline, Pure Evil and cat pee. 
     I really hope you call the cops. Hopefully the kids are stupid and do this more than once. And get caught. And executed.

RedtailForester said:
Aw man, that is horrible. Some people should keep their kids in the dungeon, where they belong.

FIFY

edit: One more thought. Even though corporal punishment is banned in most schools, anonymous back alley  beatings are still cool, right?

edit again: Lemme know what kind of pods you're short of later this season. I'll do my best to hook you up. 

queequeg152 said:
toms are insanely robust... i break stems all the time from neglect and most survive.. 
most are like 25%-50% of the stem though, not all the way obiviously. 

when i do is straighten the break. wrap the stem in a single layer of parafilm, then use zip ties on the broken bit to hold it together.

like half the time it works and mends together. the other half the plants just like... what ever and grows a huge calluses over the break and keeps going.

it takes a big break, throught like 60% of the stem to kill a tom.

if your plants wilt bad after a break, its done, just get rid of it and save the heart ache.

if it just wilts slightly its in trouble, but could easily survive, especially if you have mild temperatues and sun at the time.

if it does not wilt at all, its probably going to survive provided the cut is not infected by something odious.shitty kids btw.

i bet you are pro choice now eh? lul, jokes.
Pro choice lol :) yeah there smashed to pieces!! Great way to celebrate being sober for 1 year today!! :)
GOD I NEED A DRINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tctenten said:
That sucks!!  :(   Was it neighborhood kids?  It really is a shame that people just do not respect other peoples property.
Not sure didn't hear anything last night. Yeah just so pissed off!!
Hybrid Mode 01 said:
Man, that blows. I wish I was your neighbor so I could help you dish out a little suburban guerilla "parenting". And by "parenting", I mean replanting your whole garden and then hiding in the bushes with searchlight and a SuperSoaker full of gasoline, Pure Evil and cat pee. 
     I really hope you call the cops. Hopefully the kids are stupid and do this more than once. And get caught. And executed.

FIFY

edit: One more thought. Even though corporal punishment is banned in most schools, anonymous back alley  beatings are still cool, right?

edit again: Lemme know what kind of pods you're short of later this season. I'll do my best to hook you up.
I'm all over some vigilante justice!!!!! They better pray I don't catch them!!!
Thanks brother ill keep ya posted after I survey the damage better just to angry to even look at it!!!!

queequeg152 said:
shortcut to hell likes this.

wtf bro. take it back.

STH is a girl, not a "bro". Of course she doesn't "like" what's happened here, none of us do. I'm sure it was meant as a good gesture towards Oldsalty's loss.

Destroying Oldsalty's hard work, especially after his injury, is down right disgusting.

Sorry for your loss mate, I hope the culprits get what they deserve. 

SR.

juanitos said:
let me send u a box, pm address
Thanks juanitos appreciated the help my friend !!!!!!!!!!! Don't know what to say :) :)
Just can't understand why.
Pepper people are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you
Shorerider said:
STH is a girl, not a "bro". Of course she doesn't "like" what's happened here, none of us do. I'm sure it was meant as a good gesture towards Oldsalty's loss.

Destroying Oldsalty's hard work, especially after his injury, is down right disgusting.

SR.
No offense was taken I understand. :) nothing but love for my fellow pepper friends!!! :)

oldsalty said:
Thanks brother ill keep ya posted after I survey the damage better just to angry to even look at it!!!!

No problem. I would consider a couple of SFRBs fair payback for all those wonderful ham pics with which you have graced this forum!
     I understand about being pissed. I get cheesed when I see footprints in the snow in my yard. If my garden got f**ked up, I'd probably be patrolling my raised beds with a .45.    ;)

queequeg152 said:
shortcut to hell likes this.

wtf bro. take it back.
Wow. First off, I'm not a bro. Secondly, I detest what happend to Salty. It was intended as an "I feel your pain" like. Wasn't even thinking about how it could come across. So...to clear the air, Sorry that happened to you Salty. My intent was the opposite of how it may have looked!

Shorerider said:

SR.

Thanks for the support, SR. You knew good and well that I wouldn't wish that on a fellow chilihead. Cheers M8!

ShortcutToHell said:
Wow. First off, I'm not a bro. Secondly, i detest what happend to Salty. It was intended as an "I feel your pain" like. Wasn't even thinking about how it would come across. So...to clear the air, Sorry that happened to you Salty. My intent was the opposite of how it looked! Now I'll go remove the erroneous reflex.
Lol don't even give it a second thought!!!! :) no offense was taken STH :) :) your a friend as are all my fellow chili head's !! Just sucks that someone would be so thoughtless don't have the energy to deal with the clean up right now!! Thanks for the nice sentiment would really like a whhiisskkeeyy!! :)

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
No problem. I would consider a couple of SFRBs fair payback for all those wonderful ham pics with which you have graced this forum!
     I understand about being pissed. I get cheesed when I see footprints in the snow in my yard. If my garden got f**ked up, I'd probably be patrolling my raised beds with a .45.    ;)
Thanks my friend!!!!!! Yeah gonna through on the ghillie suit and hide in the woods tonight!!!!

Shorerider said:

SR.
Thank you Shorerider really appreciate that yeah if it wasn't for the injuries I'd shake off a lot easier!!
CHEERS
hogleg said:
Broke my heart to read this, Oldsalt. If your presence in person, is anything like it is here, then you are well liked in your community. It just doesn't make any sense.   :cry:

My pods will be coming in much later this year, but I hope to send you a box of pods.
Thank you hogleg !!!! :) Hard to understand guess just part of being young I guess can't even imagine my kids doing something like this!! :( will keep you posted my friend after I get the energy to go out and really check the carnage!
CHEERS and thanks for the kind words! :)

Back