• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Queequeg grows stuff, and fixes junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
plants:
if they look crumy, its because they are.
need water and ive been lazy, ill go back out there and water them at some point today.
also got SMASHED last night by some nasty wind...

victim of mine, not the wind. pvc hose sliped off the table and snapped it.
serrano dosent seem to care though. we shall see what happens...

lettuce plants.

cactus plants.

tobacco plants from last winter... i chopped these down to a stump but they grew back. ive not watered these what so ever since last... december ?
no clue why they are alive still.

fertigation machine. in pieces.

my intention here is to shrink the system down substantiall.... such that it fits into the trunk of my car. im going to fold my old design into 2 pieces... and push the frame out into the third dimension.
im also going to add a filtration system. the filtration will require a far more substantial pump, so im going to just mount this onto the frame as well as the filter.

my fancy pump. grundfos up15-58 with a custom plastic head from some other hydronic heating company.

can anyone identify this plug? if so i will kiss your mouth.
spent like an hour on the molex website... im 60% sure its not a molex branded connector.

Nice glog!

No idea on the plug, nice plants but looks like you gonna need some bigger cups :D very soon

San Pedro's? ... I used to have a few ...

Tell me about the lettuce, though - have you found a variety that accepts warmer climate, or a technique for growing lettuce that accepts a warmer climate? ...

grantmichaels said:

Tell me about the lettuce, though - have you found a variety that accepts warmer climate, or a technique for growing lettuce that accepts a warmer climate? ...

April in Houston. He's using the same warm climate technique as everyone else, seasons.

able eye said:

April in Houston. He's using the same warm climate technique as everyone else, seasons.

We haven't had a winter the past two years, quite unfortunately ...

I never wore pants again this year ...

to clarify, the plug is for the pump. it slots into the home you see in the junction box.

id like to use it as it will keep the junction box clean and dry... its a nice box with a gasket and everything. id like to keep it tidy here.

automotive plug? any manufacturers i can look up?

im going to try again when i finish some school work here. i have some calipers somwehre ill measure the pitch of the connecters and try some googling.

Guess it's not Houston either.

grantmichaels said:

We haven't had a winter the past two years, quite unfortunately ...

I never wore pants again this year ...

It was snowing this morning here. So all I have to say is efffffff you. :D

queequeg152 said:
automotive plug? any manufacturers i can look up?

quee, nah I dont know shit about cars, it just looks like one to me.

grantmichaels said:

i used to have some israeli romaine called jerico. its pretty heat tolerant... but no lettuce is going to grow well in a flordia or texas summer.

http://www.everwilde.com/store/Jericho-Romaine-Lettuce-Seeds.html

this lettuce is just home depot romaine.

i started these indoors like early march? late february maby? i dont recall exactly.
and yea those are pedros.

pacchaoi( sp?) the big ones in front...

the ones in back are peruvians(sp?)

queequeg152 said:
i used to have some israeli romaine called jerico. its pretty heat tolerant... but no lettuce is going to grow well in a flordia or texas summer.

this lettuce is just home depot romaine.

i started these indoors like early march? late february maby? i dont recall exactly.
and yea those are pedros.

pacchaoi( sp?) the big ones in front...

the ones in back are peruvians(sp?)

Grew a couple of San Pedro's for 3-4 years a long time ago, now ...

Unfortunately, never found the time to extract or otherwise process them in any way, so there's nothing much else I can add ...

lol im not looking to eat these things... if i wanted to, id just buy cuttings off ebay or wherever.

hoping to replace some landscaping with big fat tall columns of cactus's.

lol im not looking to eat these things... if i wanted to, id just buy cuttings off ebay or wherever.

hoping to replace some landscaping with big fat tall columns of cactus's.

well, when i grew them ('95-96), i know i wanted to ...

you couldnt buy cuttings back then? these things dont exactly grow quickly... buying and caring for a plant so you can trip a few years down the line dosent make sense to me.

you can buy synthetic mescaline on Dark net markets these days anyway.

indoors? like under grow lamps?

well, idk. i do the same thing... when rooting cuttings i put them under a 4 bulb t8 lamp to root gently without the heat stress.
then they go outside in 100% shade for a few weeks.

when there is a good root ball they go into partial sun for like a week then into full sun.

only been doing this for like 2 years now... probably could streamline that process quite a bit.

finally found a proper flow switch to protect my fancy pump. not going to get here for like... 10 days though, so defiantly not going to finish the fertigation machine before may.

i might jsut put together the irrigation side and wait on the recirc and filtration equipment.

flow switch is a thermal conductivity switch... i simply COULD NOT find a mechanical paddle switch that would work reliably at the low flow rates i desired...

the thermal conductivity switch has a very long warm up period so im going to need a bypass switching relay as well. this will basically allow the pump to run for preset period of time before 'listening' to the flow switch. after this period of time, any loss of flow below the set point will shut the pump down until the circuit is restarted.

why do i want a flow switch? because i want to add 3 way valves such that i can isolate the cartridge filter, allowing me to service it without shutting down the circulation.

anytime you have people asserting manual control over an otherwise automatic process, you need an alarm or some other means of protection to keep vital components like my expensive pump from failing. in other words, the switch is there mostly to stop me from doing stupid shit like accidentally dumping all the water, or cutting off flow to the pump. it also has the added benifit of protecting the pump in case of a genuine equipment failure.

these pumps; mag drive cartridge type circulation pumps rely on a flow of water in order to cool the motor.

so i had to get rid of ALL those plants... except for the cactus. owing to transmission issues, i did not have access to a proper car when i moved out. as a result i didnt have the room for the pepper plants.  they were ratty from neglect anyway. i do not regret this decision.

all is not lost however. feast your eyes on THIS.

image015small_zpszjtygyrg.jpg

exceptionally healthy plant here.

this is a bih jolokia that magically sprouted from pods dropped into the soil from another bih jolokia that froze to death during the winter of 2014/2015. 
as you can see it was starving for... 5 moths probably. ive started fertilizing it once again. we shall see what becomes of it.

lol dem weeds.

image002small_zpsyj8jszpl.jpg

i want to spray the bottom with roundup...to see what happens. my gut says the pepper plant would be fine, but idk.
cactus's

image010small_zpseerckrqf.jpg

image009small_zpsmajuiosh.jpg
]

these guys got rained on during our record month of may... the bottoms started to rot... we shall see what happens here.

image008small_zpscyybtyle.jpg

someone bump this hooker.

good, thanks.

anyway, this is what has been, and will for the foreseeable future be occupying my time..

replacing this old shitty fascia and soffit. ill document it here because, fuck you. thats why. 

atrium area.

image005small_zpsw0iwzqyl.jpg

image021small_zpskmg76iny.jpg

siding and windows and new subfascia and soffit framed.

image004small_zpsggoner71.jpg

flashing all corners, like a man.

some rot.

garage area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back