• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Taco Throwdown

Who made the best tacos?

• Rymerpt - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53914-begin-taco-throwdown/page-6#entry1143396&qu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
VOTE for the best plate of TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had fun doing this TD. We generally have tacos once a week so entering was easy for me. Great job by everyone, but for me it came down to Geeme and cypresshill. I am a sucker for sweet so I voted for Geeme dessert taco. Lastly, a big shout out to Ryme for making the best of a tough situation. The bonus for me was finally getting a cast iron skillet, have a feeling I will get a lot of use out of it.

For me this is a case where the worst quality pics WIN!

BigB nailed in in many ways... homemade spicy tortillas, perfectly round, look like restaurant quality. Fresh caught fish...
Blackened yellowtail... hell yeah.
Beer battered multiple-fresh fish... good idea!
That lobster tempura in lobster reduction sauce... on that fresh tortilla... all win!!!!!
Do I like beer batter? check
Do I like blackened fish? check
Lobster? check
Fresh tortillas? check!!!!
Excellent complements. Fresh sides. Everything homemade!

The pics are horrible, not sure how the fish catching pics looked so good... differtent camera? Different photographer? :lol:

But... damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You get my vote.

Shoutout to Rymerpt! Hope you had fun, and great Extended Stay tacos for what you had to work with!

This is gonna be a bitch. Don't nobody know how to treat a tortilla!?! :rofl:   Well, G is excused...but dammmm.

i have to go w/ D3 ...

tctenten - best blackening photo since Scovie's ...
hot stuff - great photos ... really nice, but D3's moved me a bit more ...
bigb & ch73 - the pictures make it hard for me to fully appreciate what looks like a 70's playboy shoot of a very nice set of tacos, both ...

I'm going to wait a little bit to vote, so far i'm gravitating toward tctentens blackened cod tacos. I don't even like fish and those look good to me. I'd risk an allergic reaction to taste test those. 

Rymerpt childs video was pretty funny though and I give him credit for making light of a shitty situation. 

Hotstuffs plating look pretty tasty, as long as I didn't know it had rabbit in it I would want it. 

cypresshills steak taco. MMMM i'm surprised he didn't do a chimichurri though honestly. Isn't that like a staple in Argentina or is that just a gringo misconception?
That also stands for the whole throwdown as well though I don't think anyone made a chimi sauce. Nothing is more refreshing than some chimi on a good steak taco. 

The blackened cod, the carnitas, the rabbit, key's tres tacos and the domingo speak to me.  Even when I'm not at my computer...

I looked at all of these twice, and I was all set to vote for Geeme, but CH's tacos kept whispering to me and won me ova.  In the end, for me, meat trumps fruit (even though G has the best looking photos of them all this time).

grantmichaels said:
bigb & ch73 - the pictures make it hard for me to fully appreciate what looks like a 70's playboy shoot of a very nice set of tacos, both ...

Cypress has great pics. Colorful and clear. Maybe your monitor is wack cuz the only Playboy ones I see are BigB's!

Tough choice!

G - yours are the most beautiful by far and so original, but I'm not much of a fruit person so...

Rymerpt - love the video and great effort over adversity

Overall the fresh fish from BigB and especially the papaya salad won my vote. How do you make the papaya stringy like that?

I would be very happy to have any of these in front of me right now.

Why do you think I voted for BigB? :lol:

bigb.jpg

That's some soft corn...

Grant, I didn't even touch that photo's hue or saturation or anything... drag and drop... it just matches lol. You were right. 70s Playboy. ;)

D3monics got me on this one. The different variety of toppings, salsa, etc. reeled me in.

As usual, it can't be said enough, they all kicked arse. Well done :clap:

Boy another tough one. Had to go with D3monics fully loaded Fiesta de Carnitas, everything I could ever want on my taco! But the Halibut and Lamb in keybrdkid’s tacos were calling my name as well, a few more fillers they would have had me! Either way I’d have to finish with geeme’s sweet tacos for dessert (dark chocolate and fruit, it does not get sweeter than that!) 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back