• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

cayenne blend

Months back I purchased a six-pack of cayenne plant seeds, and one of the variety inclosed was named "Cayenne Blend". Pictures from many different vendors all show about seven very differently colored cayenne peppers but not attached to a single vine.

What I have failed to learn is if it is one single "blended" plant that will give fruit that covers ALL of the colors pictured.... ~OR~ Is it an envelope full of different seeds mixed (blended) together, each one only seeding a plant that will only ripen to a certain color... of which I'll need to plant a bunch to see the variety pictured and implied by the sellers?

That may sound confusing- I shouldn't be posting after taking a sleeping pill- if it is confusing to others, I'll reword it tomorrow.

While it would be indisputably Mega Bitchin' to have one plant produce a wide variety of peppers, the disappointing reality (for now) is that plants just don't work that way.

I figured as much, I was hoping at least it may be a cayenne that at went through a bunch of different color changes as it ripened, but oh well.

Back