• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid My own Cross, F2 Seeds up for Grabs

Last year, I decided I wanted to cross something. At the particular moment I decided this only my Chocolate Cherry Bomb and Golden Cayenne were in the flowering fruiting stages so I attempted a cross of them and grew out the seeds of the resulting pod last year and indoors I planted the seeds from the pod from the plant. (now we are at the f2 stage)
I wanted to be able to have a huge selection of peppers to choose from, but a catastrophe left me with a single dark red/rust colors pod that was mostly round and very oddly textured.
now the F2 plant is podding up nicely and the pods are looking a little different, but the biggest difference seems to be size. no idea on the color as no pods are ripe yet. I have decided to start sending the seeds of the pods out to friends and you all. Scooter, Jeanie, Neil and Charlotte, and My brother matt have all recieved or will be recieving the f1 or f2 seeds. If any one wants to try it out, i am more than willing to send these around :)

BTW: the flavor was a little crisp sweetness and a tingling heat. Similar in level of heat to a jalapeno but not similar in way of burn. Wonder what this generation will hold!
Here is the F2 plant podding up
wItI79Y.jpg

Here is photos of the F1
vIboEUe.jpg

nD96Jgh.jpg

Also, another cool thing is the sunward facing pods haha

If only Genetics were that easy! haha
I figured it would be fun to try something funky and new.
Not saying a Golden Cherry would be awesome haha

Runescape said:
What pheno where you looking for in the F1? A golden cherry bomb?
If I do get that to happen though... I will definitely do my best to stabalize it!

You got it! I am rather excited to be honest! It's not a super hot cross, but it could be something fun.
As far as super hot crosses go, Later this season maybe 2 weeks or so I will attempt Yellow Infinity x Farmers Market Jalapeno
and Chocolate Douglah x Farmers Market Jalapeno

KrakenPeppers said:
I would love to grow some out and see where they go

Kyle Reese Contreras said:
You got it! I am rather excited to be honest! It's not a super hot cross, but it could be something fun.
As far as super hot crosses go, Later this season maybe 2 weeks or so I will attempt Yellow Infinity x Farmers Market Jalapeno

I'll take a handful of each of them too thanks lol .. But seriously I would lol

I hope they take and ripen before I PCS back to America and have to star ground zero. no overwintered plants
But, if they do and all goes well, expect some special seeds haha

I hope they take and ripen before I PCS back to America and have to star ground zero. no overwintered plants

Now that would be  something to see. A superhot with the corking of a farmers jalapeno!

Sounds like a cool pepper.  I'd enjoy participating as well.

rghm1u20 said:
Count me in, if still have some seeds. If I remember right, you are in Europe now, right? Me too :)
You are right Buddy! Once these pods start ripening up I will be sending out seeds!
PM your address!
CAPCOM said:
Those really look interesting. I would like to try them if I am not too late.
Absolutely buddy! Just PM me your address!
cone9 said:
Sounds like a cool pepper.  I'd enjoy participating as well.
Same as above hahaha

Back