• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Which light should i use?

Hey there. I'm kind of a beginner with growing peppers. I use to grow with a CFL lamp, but then i heard LED ones are better but more expensive. So i bought a cheap LED grow light for about 55$.
But a few weeks later, some guy said that cheap LED lights are really bad and regular CFL lamps are better.
I'm just curious which one i should use now. 

Here's the CFL that i have. You can see the specifications written on it:
N1z3yqZ.jpg

7Wng6FH.jpg

And heres my LED grow light:
Zc6lPAr.jpg

OW4KTez.jpg

Heres the specifications for that one. I'll just copy-paste it from the site i bought it from. I have no idea what any of it means lol,
Red light wavelength: 640-660 nm
Blue light wavelength: 460-470nm
Brightness: 
1 m 890 lux
1,5 m 520 lux
2 m 400 lux
Mains: 100-240 V
Power Consumption: 14 W

Here are my plants. They are about 25 days old:
Ar4q43G.jpg

Welcome to THP. As Ocho Cinco said, they do seem to be doing very well. If that is all you plan to grow then I would not change anything unless the health status of your plant change. If it aint broke, dont try to fix it. But, I would keep close tabs on them just the same. It also wouldn't hurt to run the CFL in addition to the LEDs.

Question that I have is, how long did you use one before changing to the other and how long that one?

Without being able to determine the size of the LED panel by the picture it appears to cover more area than a small CFL bulb would.

Back