• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

fermenting Tropical Jalapeno Ferment

Sizzle Lips

Extreme Member
Hey Pepper People .....here is a ferment that I have had going now for 108 days...time to do it up.First into the pot and take a ph check....2.94,that makes me happy.

IMG_1773.jpg

This Ferment consists of the following ingredients.
Jalapeno Peppers
Pineapple
Mango
Garlic
Ginger
Mango Nectar
Lime Juice

I added two Ghost Peppers to the mango juice and blended the cr@p out of it and added to the ferment when cooking...just to bump the heat a bit.

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

I cooked  it for half an hour and then blended the hell out of it....during that time my bottles are getting a good cook in the oven.
I repeated the cooking process and blended a second time adding a 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan gum.....time to get it bottled.

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

Final ph of the sauce did not change much 2.95.

IMG_1789.jpg

Remember guys this is just a hobby sauce for family and friends so my labeling may not be up to standards.
The sauce turned out fairly nice but still may need a little more tweeking ...I have not tried it since its been bottled ....I like to give it a week for the flavor to settle.

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

Labels look fantastic!!!! :) love the color sauce looks great just give it a week or so with my ferments after processing I usually try to give a couple weeks to allow flavours to meld every time I do this I get a better final product!! :)
Cheers

Thanks for all the kind words guys......The labels I put together myself......I am a Heavy Equipment Operator.........not a graphic artist  :lol:  :lol:  but everyone seems to like it.

Back