vendor Bakers Peppers

I know there are other threads on this vendor. They seem to be locked. I was wondering if anyone has had this vendor stiff you on your purchase,then delete your order history after being confronted. That's what happened to me. I ordered a 3 pack of Reaper plants as back ups. A week went by after confirmation of purchase. Nothing. I contacted said vendor about the issue. He replied calling me a liar,saying there was no proof of my order. I have records of the transaction on my card. Asked for a refund,his terms of service state no refunds allowed. I assume that's to save his own skin. Is there anything I can do to get either my money back? I no longer wish to do business with him.

angry-mob.jpg

juanitos said:
Open Dispute with ur credit card company

+1

Alternatively, if you used Paypal, do the dispute through them, and give them the communications you had with Baker. I imagine it would be difficult for him to delete the history on there or through the credit card company.

Evan, send to me your mailing address via PM and I will send to you a SFRB of Carolina Reaper plants if you promise not to trash on me for the packaging if something goes wrong.  Probably wont be selling plants mail order this year, but want to get a reliable method using the small flat rate box before I start taking money for them.  Figure you got screwed, so you'd be a good person to experiment with.  Again, this is testing.  Might arrive damaged but its free, so what the hell right?

sirex said:
Since you have arrived at the wonderful THP forums go check out the vendor vailt where you can see reviews of our esteemed vendors and find people who aren't going to fukc you over and take you shizz!
What he said...

I've purchased seed from 3 companies (Semillas.de, Pepperlover.com and Tastypeppers.nl), and dried peppers/powders from a Canadian firm (Peppernorth.com). Note that the proprietors are all THP members. Their generosity in gifting me with additional wares was amazing, and the amount of thought and selection in their choices of gifts blew me away.

If you want live plants, there's some really good people here who sell them -- other threads in the Vendor's Vault tell you what you need to know. I never joined a forum before THP, but i've noted this one is pretty reliable with respect to reputations of merchants in anything pepper-related.

EDIT: AJ, that's awesome! Right on, man!

ajdrew said:
Evan, send to me your mailing address via PM and I will send to you a SFRB of Carolina Reaper plants if you promise not to trash on me for the packaging if something goes wrong.  Probably wont be selling plants mail order this year, but want to get a reliable method using the small flat rate box before I start taking money for them.  Figure you got screwed, so you'd be a good person to experiment with.  Again, this is testing.  Might arrive damaged but its free, so what the hell right?
...Don't mean to belabor the point, but, yeah... AJDrew gets to beta-test his delivery system, and you get his delivery from a guy who means well, and wants to know EXACTLY what state the plants are in when they arrive. Sounds like the kind of generosity that i've encountered here -- i had to politely decline some PMs offering seeds, etc., that i didn't have room for. Aaannd, you get to de-bug AJ's delivery for him... thus, do him a kindness by accepting a gift.

ajdrew said:
mikeg, symbiotic exchanges are the best.
They surely are!

The last time i viewed a thread OP'd by someone who got burned by D*** B****, of B****'s P*****s, i witnessed Wicked Mike sending that young man a box of fresh peppers and other capsaicinoid-laced goodies... It seems like every time someone gets 'burned' here, someone else gives them something with a much nicer 'burn'.

'Scuse me, EvanWilliams, i am hijacking this thread a bit... i think i should be posting this under the "Pepper People Are The Best" thread.
I'm glad you joined this forum. Since i joined, the biggest problem i've had is turning down kind offers of rare pepper seeds (ie.: CGN 21500, Capsicum eximium, CAP 691, etc.) and other gifts that i cannot honestly use.

Agreed mikeg. One person who was burned last year, I sent a free box of stuff to, since I don't want people to get a bad experience and never purchase superhots again after dealing with "he who shall not be named". I also go onto his FB page occasionally, not because I enjoy the page in any sense, but to get a better idea of how NOT to run a pepper business. I have also witnessed on there, questions and comments that were inconvenient for him suddenly disappearing, and repeated requests from customers that waited for months as to the status of their orders sometimes going unanswered, or met with skepticism and beligerence, or who suddenly discovered they were being sent their order after months of silence.

Hello all. Sorry for the late response. Been really busy. Ajdrew,thank you for the generous offer. I sent a pm a couple days ago. I'll be happy to help debug your shipping process. If it shows up damaged I won't complain. It's the thought that counts brother. If you need anything in return,don't hesitate to get ahold of me. I don't have much as far as pepper seeds are concerned. Haven't grown peppers since 2011. I do have ceremonial tobacco seeds though.

Even, you are good guy.  Box will go out on Monday.

SadisticPeppers - In the spirit of learning and improving, not trashing the guy, I think his business model causes a bit of the problems.  He offers pre orders but like the rest of us is at the mercy of Mother Nature.  I can not imagine taking someone's money knowing Mother Nature could have a temper-tantrum and destroy the product.  With that in mind and the point of my comment, have you ever considered CSA?

I -might- do this in the fall, when I start planning and planting seeds.  Section off a portion of the garden and sell shares where the buyers get everything grown in that section divided by the number of shares.  Sell ten shares in a section of garden, everyone gets 10% of the peppers grown.

Wont do it this year because I have never counted pods from plants, added, and divided to find out what a person could expect from a given number of plants.  Anyway, the idea being the buyers assume more risk because s/he is paying for what might produce.  The grower is assuming risk because the prices are lower / could have made more money the traditional route.

I have belonged to several CSAs for produce.  Just kind of wonder if it would work with peppers / mail order.

Back