Web developement software

I am looking for outdated/obsolete web authoring software that is legal and no longer of benefit to the original user. I have used to some extent Dreamweaver 4 and Firefox 4 in the past so am partial to those or at least Macromedia in general. If you think you have something that I would be interested in, PM me and lets talk. I have a few website I really need to start hacking on and soon.

CAPCOM said:
I am looking for outdated/obsolete web authoring software that is legal and no longer of benefit to the original user. I have used to some extent Dreamweaver 4 and Firefox 4 in the past so am partial to those or at least Macromedia in general. If you think you have something that I would be interested in, PM me and lets talk. I have a few website I really need to start hacking on and soon.

What's that for? ...

Just get notepad++ and download Node.JS and start doing it ...

Use Bitvise for ssh, Chrome for dev and browser, notepad++ or sublimetext as your editor, Node.JS for a web framework, JavaScript as your language (so you only have to learn one), and github to store your code and make it less painful, generally ...

For the love of God don't use anything Flash related ... it's passe ... Google knifed it in the back and then Apple stuck a fork in it ...
OR ...

just download Visual Studio ...

you could roll that way, too ...

A little example to make a point ...

Right-click your mouse anywhere not on the open desktop, choose "New file ..."
Name the new file "capcom.html"
Copy and paste what's I've put below ...

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
    <title>Look Up Here</title>
</head>
<body>
    <h1>Hello World!</h1>
    <p>
Lorem ipsum dolizzle mofo , crackalackin adipiscing elizzle. Nullam sapizzle velit, fizzle dope, check it out check it out, gravida vel, fo shizzle. Pellentesque bizzle ma nizzle. Sed erizzle. Mah nizzle its fo rizzle dolor dapibizzle turpis tempizzle fo shizzle. Maurizzle my shizz nibh et bow wow wow. Own yo' izzle pot. Funky fresh stuff rhoncus fo shizzle. In shizzle my nizzle crocodizzle habitasse platea dictumst. Crackalackin dapibus. Curabitizzle tellus gangster, pretizzle fo shizzle mah nizzle fo rizzle, mah home g-dizzle, mattizzle ac, crackalackin black, nunc. Black suscipizzle. Integizzle shizzlin dizzle velit sed sheezy.
    </p>
</body>

Save the file ...

Double-click that file you just made and it should pop open in your default browser, if not, Right-click it and choose "Open in ..." and then select one of your browsers ...

You are now doing webdev ...

Right mouse clocking does not produce a new file option, but a pop up box with 4 icon option at the top and 7 vertical text choices.

ok ... new way ... download notepad++ ... open it ...

File -> New ...

type in the contents from my previous reply above from the doctype to the /body tags, including their opening and c osing angle brackets into n++ ...

File -> Save As ...

navigate using up arrows or whatever to the Desktop, and call the file CAPCOM.html ...

You should then have file on Desktop and should be in good shape ...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
<----this guy has access to EVERYTHING :) Notepad++ is a perfect tool if you are a coder...
Well there in lyes the problem, I am no coder.

What are my best options in learning a new platform without a book to reference, where time is not an endless resource and the ability to produce a professional looking site that is ultimately limitless in expandability.

yeah get on one of those site builders like wix
or if you already have a domain/hosting install joomla or wordpress.
google youtube videos how to get started on whichever you chose.

juanitos said:
yeah get on one of those site builders like wix
or if you already have a domain/hosting install joomla or wordpress.
google youtube videos how to get started on whichever you chose.
Will be doing exactly that. Hopefully I will soon be whipping pepper plants to give up some content.

Drupal with XAMPP, but it's a time taker.... also nice designs could be made quick with Artisteer... but the easiest way is wix and similar ones, but they always add banners when not payed

CC I am building the dee roo website on wix.  UI can be a bit clunky and the free themes aren't super titillating but once you learn the ins and outs its certainly decent and affordable.  I've used worse back in the old dreamweaver days. 

Thanks for all the feedback. Lots of options and tough to make a decision, well, at least an educated one. Last week I contacted grantmichicaels and JHP and have been communicating back and forth to the point I made the decision to install joomla. As a matter of fact, after a couple days of watching videos and fighting with a finicky install, I have it up and running.

Thanks Chris and Grant for the steadfast support.

Back