• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Spectral & Purple Naga Jolokia

Hey Fatalli,

I had the opportunity to finally taste a Fatalli pepper at Fiery Foods!

I have one word for you.... OW!

Man those hurt!

T

Tina Brooks said:
Oh my! At the very thought of it, I am in intense pain.. I thought sure my ears were bleeding!

T
Ok, now you've got me interested. The hottest thing I hate was a Caribbean Red Hot(habinero) that I grilled on my bbq...this Fatalli would be hotter?

I would put them on about the same heat scale, but having never tasted one before, every sensor on my tongue was experiencing it as if I'd never tasted any hot peppers before. It's about equal heat, I'd say, to the Red Savina, the Bahamian Goat Pepper or the Devil's tongue (which I might add, I think may be a fatalli)

But they're fatalli's fave pepper, so he'll have a different answer, perhaps.

T

fatalliman said:
T,
that's why I quit eating them for breakfast, lunch and dinner are fine though. and maybe with ice cream.
ML
Ok, you've given me an idea that I have now implimented.

Every morning I am now putting butter AND my "Passow's MEGA Hot Sause" on my toast.

It's like a major pick me up! Better than coffee!

don't be silly, smoked fatalii powder with butter and toast in the morning,and "Passow's Mega Hot Sauce" on the eggs :D

I think the fatalii is hotter than some habs, but I also think the savina is way over-rated and the choco hab is hotter.

the fatalii has a wonderful citris flavor with a quick intense burn.

I agree with Tina about the devil's tongue just being a fatalii re-named, I have never ate one fresh but have tasted the powder and is very similar, I am going to grow the DT's this year to find out more about this chile.

Marv

Back