• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What are you reading?

Right now I'm reading Transcendental Meditation by Jack Forem.

10-best-books-on-meditation-transcendental-jack-forem.png

Next up is The Science of Being and The Art of Living, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

Just finished reading Vengeance of the Iron Dwarf by R.A Salvatore one of my favorite authors. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786965703?ie=UTF8&tag=rasalvatorecombo&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0786965703

Phil said:
ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code Section V, VIII, and IX. ASME B&PV Code B31.3 Process Piping, API 510, 570, 571, 572, 576, & 577..... I miss having time for recreational reading.

Here you go phil, our new facility finishing construction. Capacity to unload 130 rail cars at once, two 150k barrel storage tanks with permitting for 4 more. 4 boilers with permitting for 13 more for steaming the rail cars, hot oil heat trace. ect ect ect. Really nice facility. Should be getting our first rail car in Wed and floating the first tank roof. Sorry no pics of the manifold system but it's pretty nice as well. All overhead cable trays and above grade piping other than the pipeline. Big step up from my old facility where everything was buried and deadlegs galore. Thankfully I'm a board operator so I don't have to play with the railcars and all that hose wrestling. 

What am I reading??? I'm readin' dis muther fukkin' THREAD...Fool...What???

P.S.  I already know everything. I don't need to read anymore. And if I do its only to critique and correct.  :lol:

The Necroscope series are a good read but really slow on the start. If you can make it through the first half of the first book. 

D3monic said:
 Just finished reading Vengeance of the Iron Dwarf by R.A Salvatore one of my favorite authors. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786965703?ie=UTF8&tag=rasalvatorecombo&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0786965703

Here you go phil, our new facility finishing construction. Capacity to unload 130 rail cars at once, two 150k barrel storage tanks with permitting for 4 more. 4 boilers with permitting for 13 more for steaming the rail cars, hot oil heat trace. ect ect ect. Really nice facility. Should be getting our first rail car in Wed and floating the first tank roof. Sorry no pics of the manifold system but it's pretty nice as well. All overhead cable trays and above grade piping other than the pipeline. Big step up from my old facility where everything was buried and deadlegs galore. Thankfully I'm a board operator so I don't have to play with the railcars and all that hose wrestling. 

Dude... Above ground storage tanks... API 650 and 653. They can keep that mess! I have some experience with those bad boys, and you can count me out! Facility looks great, but I don't wanna have anything to do with D.O.T. business. I've had someone ask me to write repair procedures for tank cars and I immediately shut them down. No way no how, bro. You're gonna get us all jailed! I'm API certified, not DOT! Totally different animal!

Good buddy of mine is api 653 certified and is a tank inspector. Just got his welding cert. It's a lot to learn. I'll try and remember to snap a picture of our boiler house tomorrow if some of the contractors have cleared out. 

Phil said:
ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code Section V, VIII, and IX. ASME B&PV Code B31.3 Process Piping, API 510, 570, 571, 572, 576, & 577..... I miss having time for recreational reading.

Pretty sure I'll never get around to checking that book out.

D3monic said:
The Necroscope series are a good read but really slow on the start. If you can make it through the first half of the first book. 

I read those books 20 years ago. Good books from what I remember.

Back