• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aji Mango

It's under "New for 2015" so I'm wondering if it just hasn't started selling yet? I don't know. Everything else there seems to be selling. I'd like to see if anybody here has seeds they'd be willing to send/trade. This might just be the pepper that gets my wife on board with the chile growing thing!

This might just be the pepper that gets my wife on board with the chile growing thing!

Because of flavor and heat? Aji Pineapple or Bishop's Crown might be a good contender to get her aboard? There is a bunch of Baccatums in those low/medium heat ranges reported to be quite flavorful. I'm not sure if she sold any of them in 2015. Good question. For some reason I am thinking I did see them available earlier.

Spicy Mushroom said:

Because of flavor and heat? Aji Pineapple or Bishop's Crown might be a good contender to get her aboard? There is a bunch of Baccatums in those low/medium heat ranges reported to be quite flavorful. I'm not sure if she sold any of them in 2015. Good question. For some reason I am thinking I did see them available earlier.
I am growing both of those this season along with Trinidad Perfume. We will see what she thinks. I am shooting for more chiles and fewer tomatoes in the future. Hopefully that works out. I'm not sure if I'll have any chiles this year, my plants are so unhealthy. I think the water here is just super alkaline. I know the soil is

NickP said:
I am growing both of those this season along with Trinidad Perfume. We will see what she thinks. I am shooting for more chiles and fewer tomatoes in the future. Hopefully that works out. I'm not sure if I'll have any chiles this year, my plants are so unhealthy. I think the water here is just super alkaline. I know the soil is

I'm growing most of those as well :) Perfume for my mother. I'm looking for Aji Pineapple and Aji Mango. I was shooting for more chilies and fewer tomatoes. Which is what I did this grow season. Then again no wife lol That's too bad. Have you amended the soil or done anything to lower the pH? Maybe transplant a few to pots with some decent potting soil just to be sure you get some pods?

I have a raised bed to transplant them to, and I should be able to get them out in a week or two. I'm just not too sure they will be big enough to be outside. I've been getting them some sun for a couple hours a day, but they really haven't grown since I transplanted to Solo Cups. Granted, I used miracle grow (which I knew I shouldn't do, but time was limited) but it did give me decent results with some seedlings last year. What could I use to amend the soil I have or the water I'm using? I'm scared to do too much, because a few of my plants are still only on their first set of true leaves. Germinated them all in February!

Spicy Mushroom said:

I'm growing most of those as well :) Perfume for my mother. I'm looking for Aji Pineapple and Aji Mango. I was shooting for more chilies and fewer tomatoes. Which is what I did this grow season. Then again no wife lol That's too bad. Have you amended the soil or done anything to lower the pH? Maybe transplant a few to pots with some decent potting soil just to be sure you get some pods?
Sent you a PM ( No Aji Mango seeds Nick, Sorry. Just a few Aji Pineapple seeds)

pier_man0909 said:
im growing them. really excited to try them.  just uppotted mine from plug to 4" along with some other really cool ones just a couple hours ago.
Any extra seeds you'd be interested in selling/trading/being nice and donating? :)

I'm growing some as well that I bought from Judy. I think I have some left. Lol my son just started some the other day though so I'd have to check.

Ozzy2001 said:
I'm growing some as well that I bought from Judy. I think I have some left. Lol my son just started some the other day though so I'd have to check.
Let me know! I'd be willing to buy or trade, if you are willing to part with some of course

^Any extra Aji Mango seeds I'm more than happy to buy as well if there are any left after Nick! Don't need many. I have 6-7 varieties of seeds for trade as well. 

I have a raised bed to transplant them to, and I should be able to get them out in a week or two. I'm just not too sure they will be big enough to be outside. I've been getting them some sun for a couple hours a day, but they really haven't grown since I transplanted to Solo Cups. Granted, I used miracle grow (which I knew I shouldn't do, but time was limited) but it did give me decent results with some seedlings last year. What could I use to amend the soil I have or the water I'm using? I'm scared to do too much, because a few of my plants are still only on their first set of true leaves. Germinated them all in February!

Ahh nice okay. Well If you don't think you have given them sufficient hardening off you can always jerry-rig something to place over the transplanted plants in the bed to filter the light/give shade and to protect from wind. Their lack of growth is probably mostly due to temperatures. Have the same situation with my peppers outside. Now that it's warming up I think growth will start to shine [punny]. I assume your water situation is not something you have control over? I'd tackle the alkaline soil by using sulphuric acid... I believe that's the more effective route if you need to lower pH more quickly. I would do a forum search to confirm that though! Others here know a lot more than me.

NickP said:
Any extra seeds you'd be interested in selling/trading/being nice and donating? :)
im not sure if I have extras of them or not.  at the moment i dont even know where they are.  I recently moved and stuff is EVERYWHERE still.  if I come across some ill make a post about it.

Back