• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Planting and Spacing

Hello
I want to grow Jalapeno in that order. It is greenhouse. What can you advise?
2d98npu.jpg

I'm not sure what your asking, but one thing I see that could be a problem is harvesting the Early Jalapenos that are against the wall of the greenhouse.  From the picture, it looks like the Early Jalapeno growing area is 1 meter wide.  Its going to be pretty hard go get the peppers that are up against the greenhouse wall.

Are you growing in pots?  Do you have raised beds in the greenhouse? 

If you want any advice you are going to need to provide way more information

I'm stumped too. If your greenhouse is 6 meters by 9 meters it gonna be crowded. If it's 600 meters by 900 meters maybe ya should raise something other than jalapeno

Typically, it's advised to space them a minimum of 24" apart.... you're going 3/4 of a meter to 90% of a meter apart. The spacing should be fine for the plants themselves. Just gonna be crowded to walk in.

Stupid US country boy question but is the reason your raising just jalapeño cause it's hard to get seeds there?
I'd be more than happy to send ya seeds every week till some get through.
Can even put them under the stamps.

turbo said:
I'm not sure what your asking, but one thing I see that could be a problem is harvesting the Early Jalapenos that are against the wall of the greenhouse.  From the picture, it looks like the Early Jalapeno growing area is 1 meter wide.  Its going to be pretty hard go get the peppers that are up against the greenhouse wall.

Are you growing in pots?  Do you have raised beds in the greenhouse? 

If you want any advice you are going to need to provide way more information
I plan to grow in the beds. I want to try Permaculture / fertilizers 50/50. Yes i want to raised beds in the greenhouse. It is best planted in a single row?

robbyjoe01 said:
I'm stumped too. If your greenhouse is 6 meters by 9 meters it gonna be crowded. If it's 600 meters by 900 meters maybe ya should raise something other than jalapeno
Do you think this is a lot for such a plant greenhouses?

Phil said:
Typically, it's advised to space them a minimum of 24" apart.... you're going 3/4 of a meter to 90% of a meter apart. The spacing should be fine for the plants themselves. Just gonna be crowded to walk in.
24 "must be between plants in a row?
spk589.jpg

I do not quite understand about 3/4 of a meter to 90% of a meter apart

robbyjoe01 said:
Stupid US country boy question but is the reason your raising just jalapeño cause it's hard to get seeds there?
I'd be more than happy to send ya seeds every week till some get through.
Can even put them under the stamps.
You offer to buy the seeds from you?

Look at your original post picture. It shows 0.90 meters from center to center, which is 9 decimeters planting distance. That's what I was using to say 90% of a meter. And yes, that's for plants in a row, or next to each other. Just general spacing guidance.

0.90 meters would be plenty of space between plants.

And I think Robbyjoe1 was offering to send the seeds for free, but I don't want to put words in his mouth.

Phil said:
Look at your original post picture. It shows 0.90 meters from center to center, which is 9 decimeters planting distance. That's what I was using to say 90% of a meter. And yes, that's for plants in a row, or next to each other. Just general spacing guidance.

0.90 meters would be plenty of space between plants.

And I think Robbyjoe1 was offering to send the seeds for free, but I don't want to put words in his mouth.
Thank you Phil for your answer!
I hope I have not offended robbyjoe01.

You have not offended me my friend and I'm willing to send you free seeds(thank you Phil). I for the life of me have no idea how hard it might be to get seeds to you but I'm willing come hell or high water to get them to you.

robbyjoe01 said:
You have not offended me my friend and I'm willing to send you free seeds(thank you Phil). I for the life of me have no idea how hard it might be to get seeds to you but I'm willing come hell or high water to get them to you.
Thank you. I will be pleased to receive your seeds. If you do not mind.

Let me dig around here Evgeniy and I will PM you with better details. Gotta say I've never sent anything to Russia. Looking forward to the exchange.

Back