• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

place to order live plants on the internet

Hi.

I have planned enough room for around 60 plants this year. I bought a bunch of seeds from pepperlover, and planted my first batch in january, and have tried a couple times since.  Due to my incompetence I have managed to kill most of my seedlings.  It is looking like I will have at the most 20 plants to put out.

So I would like to find a source of cheap superhot plants online.  Most places I've looked want 4 to 5 dollars per plant, usually with shipping on top of that.  So to get as many as I want it would be over 160$ plus shipping.  I can't really afford that.

Bakers peppers has pack with 45 supperhot plants(3 each of 15 varieties) for 95$ with free shipping. So around 2$ a plant.  I know people on here hate bakers, and after reading the posts here I mostly agree. But for 1/2 the price of elsewhere I might take the chance.

So hopefully without turning into a bakers flame war, please give me some options that comes close to that price.  Even amazon and ebay prices are way more, and I would trust them even less.

Not knowing what state you live in, perhaps one of the growers here lives close enough to you that you could visit them and pick up plants?

Oh, don't take the chance.

If you watch FB Jim Duffy has been doing bare root plug sales. Has a new one each week. 8 plants plus he throws in 2 freebies all for around $27 including shipping. Just picked up another one myself today. Had a bhutlah x bubblegum gross that sounded interesting. The first batch I got from him arrived in decent shape considering they went coast to coast and the post office decided to take two extra days to deliver. Might help out 

John Ford from Ford's Fiery Foods sells plants but not sure how much and what he has left.

No flame war. But....

If you've read the posts then you should see why that is not the best idea.

Do you HAVE to have that many plants? If so There are many reputable vendors here who, if approached about a volume order might be willing to work with you.

If not then why risk it? Its your money but if you know the risks don't complain about it afterward

D'oh I completely forgot about CCN's end of season sale. They have been the place I order my plants every year for the past I don't remember lol. Plants always arrive in excellent shape and have always grown true for me. Couldn't do it this year with as many plants as I have. would have cost me a fortune

meinchoh said:
Not knowing what state you live in, perhaps one of the growers here lives close enough to you that you could visit them and pick up plants?

Oh, don't take the chance.
I live In Parkersburg WV,US. Buckeye peppers is the closest place I know. But it is almost a 4 hour drive, and not sure if the sell the plants anyway.

Scorched said:
If you watch FB Jim Duffy has been doing bare root plug sales. Has a new one each week. 8 plants plus he throws in 2 freebies all for around $27 including shipping. Just picked up another one myself today. Had a bhutlah x bubblegum gross that sounded interesting. The first batch I got from him arrived in decent shape considering they went coast to coast and the post office decided to take two extra days to deliver. Might help out 

John Ford from Ford's Fiery Foods sells plants but not sure how much and what he has left.
Thanks for info.  I just messaged him to see if he had any specials left.  I checked fords fiery foods, There prices were a little better than average, but I didn't see any superhots left.

sirex said:
No flame war. But....

If you've read the posts then you should see why that is not the best idea.

Do you HAVE to have that many plants? If so There are many reputable vendors here who, if approached about a volume order might be willing to work with you.

If not then why risk it? Its your money but if you know the risks don't complain about it afterward
Of course I don't HAVE to have that many plants. I don't HAVE to have any plants. But I do WANT that many plants. 

While I believe his quality control sucks, and maybe even his business ethics aren't the best.  I think at least most people get what they order. If I decide to order, and get trash. I would would only blame myself.

Hopefully with this post I will find someplace else to order, and not have to find out.

grantmichaels said:
CCN will have an end of season sale, at least they always have ...

The prices are good already, the genetics are there, and when the deal prices are in place, that's your best bet ...
Any Idea on when there end of season sale is. I want to plant out by the end of may.

arrgh said:
Hi.

I have planned enough room for around 60 plants this year. I bought a bunch of seeds from pepperlover, and planted my first batch in january, and have tried a couple times since.  Due to my incompetence I have managed to kill most of my seedlings.  It is looking like I will have at the most 20 plants to put out.

So I would like to find a source of cheap superhot plants online.  Most places I've looked want 4 to 5 dollars per plant, usually with shipping on top of that.  So to get as many as I want it would be over 160$ plus shipping.  I can't really afford that.

Bakers peppers has pack with 45 supperhot plants(3 each of 15 varieties) for 95$ with free shipping. So around 2$ a plant.  I know people on here hate bakers, and after reading the posts here I mostly agree. But for 1/2 the price of elsewhere I might take the chance. P m me to see what I have and at what cost. Strat

So hopefully without turning into a bakers flame war, please give me some options that comes close to that price.  Even amazon and ebay prices are way more, and I would trust them even less.
No room. P m me I have a bunch of plants all sizes and types. The bigger they are the more they are. But we should be able to do something. Strat
271848720142 Jim Duffy on eBay

I've ordered live plants from chileplants.com for the past two years. Minimum 6 plant order. I've been impressed so far.

....What's CCN an acronym for? Around when does this end of season sale start?

Back