• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce sriracha

Just tried it for the first time last night. Ordered out some It beefs and fries. fries came cold and the only way to revive them was the sriracha sauce. I am surprised at the rich taste it has. though it is warm at best, it is a very nice substitute for ketchup. my biggest issue is the amount of salt it contains. I despise salty sauces. it detracts from the overall flavor and enjoyability of the sauce. That aside, I really like it as a subtlety warm condiment.

CAPCOM said:
Just tried it for the first time last night. Ordered out some It beefs and fries. fries came cold and the only way to revive them was the sriracha sauce. I am surprised at the rich taste it has. though it is warm at best, it is a very nice substitute for ketchup. my biggest issue is the amount of salt it contains. I despise salty sauces. it detracts from the overall flavor and enjoyability of the sauce. That aside, I really like it as a subtlety warm condiment.

Haha, it definitely fits better with Asian cuisine where you want to add a touch of salt along with some warmth, for example with a bowl of Pho. That said, it is basically just fermented jalapenos and garlic, so technically you could make your own "sriracha".

I also use it mixed in with hoisin sauce with a touch of lemon juice for warm/sweet/fresh spring roll dipping sauce. I've also replaced the sriracha with THSC's skobiyan though which works really well if you want to crank up the heat.

I say I say I loves me some rooster sauce!
250.png
now go away son ya brother me. :)

Being from California, and living just 20 minutes away from the Huy Fong Headquarters, it still surprises me when I hear from someone who hasn't tried Sriracha yet. A lot of people don't know they also make a chili paste 'Sambal Oelek' which is basically made of red chilies, vinegar and salt, that a lot of chefs cook with and incorporate into their dishes. It's good stuff.

Still cannot eat a bowl of ramen without it. Even with all of the other great hot sauces I have come across I have to have Siracha with my ramen, nothing else will do. :snooty: 

Tony Cappello said:
Being from California, and living just 20 minutes away from the Huy Fong Headquarters, it still surprises me when I hear from someone who hasn't tried Sriracha yet. A lot of people don't know they also make a chili paste 'Sambal Oelek' which is basically made of red chilies, vinegar and salt, that a lot of chefs cook with and incorporate into their dishes. It's good stuff.

I will have to try this Sambal Oelek,  sounds good :)  

Tony Cappello said:
A lot of people don't know they also make a chili paste 'Sambal Oelek' which is basically made of red chilies, vinegar and salt, that a lot of chefs cook with and incorporate into their dishes. It's good stuff.
I like the sambal about 1,000,000,000 times more. I can't get behind a hot sauce that has sugar as the 2nd ingredient & salt as the 3rd.

Back