• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

POTATO TACOS

Potato Tacos

I haven't tried them but sure sound good!

SERVES 6
COOK TIME: ABOUT 1 HOUR

INGREDIENTS
5 tbsp. olive oil
6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 small white onion, roughly chopped
4 canned chipotle chiles en adobo
1 (15-oz.) can whole, peeled tomatoes
Kosher salt, to taste
1½ lb. russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 tsp. ground cumin
12 (6") corn tortillas
½ cup canola oil
Thinly sliced green and red cabbage and red radishes, for garnish
Crumbled queso fresco, for garnish

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Heat 3 tbsp. olive oil in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium. Cook garlic and onion until soft, about 5 minutes; transfer to a blender. Add chiles, tomatoes, and salt; purée until smooth and set sauce aside.
2. Cook potatoes in a 4-qt. saucepan of salted boiling water until cooked through, about 15 minutes; drain and return to pan over medium. Add remaining olive oil, the cumin, and salt; mash potatoes.
3. Working in batches, place about ¼ cup potato in the center of a tortilla; fold tortilla in half and secure with a toothpick. Heat canola oil in a 12" skillet over medium. Fry tacos, flipping once, until golden and crisp, 2–3 minutes. Discard toothpicks and transfer tacos to a platter; top with reserved sauce, the cabbage, radishes, and queso fresco.

JayT said:
Sounds like this would be right up my alley.
Justin-Bieber-rehab-drugs-drinking-fightingfe.jpg

I've had potato poblano tacos before. Yeah good stuff.

Valleyman said:
Potato Tacos

I haven't tried them but sure sound good!

SERVES 6
COOK TIME: ABOUT 1 HOUR

INGREDIENTS
5 tbsp. olive oil
6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 small white onion, roughly chopped
4 canned chipotle chiles en adobo
1 (15-oz.) can whole, peeled tomatoes
Kosher salt, to taste
1½ lb. russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 tsp. ground cumin
12 (6") corn tortillas
½ cup canola oil
Thinly sliced green and red cabbage and red radishes, for garnish
Crumbled queso fresco, for garnish

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Heat 3 tbsp. olive oil in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium. Cook garlic and onion until soft, about 5 minutes; transfer to a blender. Add chiles, tomatoes, and salt; purée until smooth and set sauce aside.
2. Cook potatoes in a 4-qt. saucepan of salted boiling water until cooked through, about 15 minutes; drain and return to pan over medium. Add remaining olive oil, the cumin, and salt; mash potatoes.
3. Working in batches, place about ¼ cup potato in the center of a tortilla; fold tortilla in half and secure with a toothpick. Heat canola oil in a 12" skillet over medium. Fry tacos, flipping once, until golden and crisp, 2–3 minutes. Discard toothpicks and transfer tacos to a platter; top with reserved sauce, the cabbage, radishes, and queso fresco.

you know what i see when i read this? ... nothing.

pics, please =)

"I haven't tried them but sure sound good!"

He is sharing a recipe, he didn't make them.

Valleyman, do you plan to make them?

sicman said:
Nah,He a lot like Taco Bum. Talky talk with no cookie cook. Im still waiting on a popper casserolle from 3 years ago to show up.

:rofl:

I got your popper casserole swingin' right here.

I'm on it but an awesome popper casserole takx time.

Sicman, You trying to suggest I'm all talk and no action?! You don't know me very well.
And to think I was gonna fly down and personally cook them for you!

Hot Pepper,
I thought I answered. Sorry. Yeah man I'm going to use the recipe as inspiration and make a modified verision not fried. 

Valleyman said:
Sicman, You trying to suggest I'm all talk and no action?! You don't know me very well.
And to think I was gonna fly down and personally cook them for you!

Hot Pepper,
I thought I answered. Sorry. Yeah man I'm going to use the recipe as inspiration and make a modified verision not fried. 

OK.

Times up.

Where are these alleged pics of modification?

LMFAO!
Well, I made the sauce last night but ended up putting it shrimp tacos. Good things come to those who wait!

We're not a patient lot.  Get on it! :lol:

And if The TB doesn't come out with that popper casserole tonight, Sicman and I are getting the pitchforks!

Back