• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Confirm scorpion?

I purchased this plant as a tiny little fella at the end of last growing season. I kept it alive over winter and in the past month or two it has really taken off and nearly doubled in size. It started flowering a couple weeks ago and pods have started to develop. The nursery I purchased it from had it labeled simply as "Scorpion". I was very excited to see this so I snagged it. Now that pods are starting to develop to my untrained eye it looks like it is what it said but which one? Any insight?

3F8FBBB1-8BDE-416E-9537-6868EDB51E10.jpg

1ECA71AF-1D2A-4781-9808-F5CE640F1705.jpg

We will find out soon enough, they are growing very quickly. Most pods will likely get smoked at a low heat and then dehydrated for powder. I do have a couple idiot friends with the attitude of "how hot can it really be" so they are in for a surprise.

I can not tell yet.  But wanted to share that someone up here in KY told me just today that she purchased scorpion and ghost pepper plants from a local nursery.  I asked what kind and her jaw went slack.  Neat that the super hots are becoming more available but kind of odd that professional nurseries would not label more accurately.

chiefmanywrenches said:
This one is on the same plant:

59EB0BF8-C467-46C9-8108-56F447A4917B.jpg

I grew a Regular Scorpion plant last year and it threw only these type of pheno pods.  They were still very hot and of course had the classic Scorpion taste and smell. 

I also grew Butch-T Scorpions and they almost threw every pod wit a tail and quite a bit more heat comparatively.  But I am trying it again this year, growing 8 Butch-T's and one Scorpion plant just to compare again. 

Back