• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Moving to Kansas, Looking for closer Chilli buddies

Hey guys! As some of you may know, I am getting stationed in Fort Riley, Ks. This is a big move away from Duetchland and I will not being able to keep my grow going for obvious reasons:(
I will get few pods, but Luckily I still have seeds for well over 100 varieties! I was wondering if any fellow growers are around or in Kansas.

I will be visiting Family in Oregon and plan to Visit John at FFF! I will also visit Richard in Oklahoma! Any other chilli heads willing to have a friend over, maybe eat some pods! haha

Hey KRC GOOD LUCK on her move!!! Hope y'all find some chili head brothers and sisters and you can get your grow on!!! :) If yer lacking pods this season I should be loaded with all the help from members, will gladly send you a box!!!! If yer in need :)
Cheers

juanitos said:
i'm 3hr46min away lol not really too close i guess.
That is close to me, haha! When home is a 12 hour nonstop flight just to get home distance seems to be on a different scale! I'm sure we could work out a trip to see your Chilli utopia!
The other friend who I am visiting in OK is about the same distance haha

oldsalty said:
Hey KRC GOOD LUCK on her move!!! Hope y'all find some chili head brothers and sisters and you can get your grow on!!! :) If yer lacking pods this season I should be loaded with all the help from members, will gladly send you a box!!!! If yer in need :)
Cheers
That would be Awesome oldsalty!
I am bummed because I have some awesome stuff growing this year. Orders got sprung on me! May get one or two Yellow Infinity :D

Geonerd said:
Assume you're living on base?  Won't they let you grow a few container plants?  If enough people asked, perhaps they'd even let you start a small garden?
It's not that I can't garden haha:) but the season will be too far in to even begin thinking about sowing haha
And I can't travel with my garden!
midwestchilehead said:
I'm about 60 miles away from Ft. Riley, in Topeka. And do a search for "Kansas." There was recently another thread on here for Kansas growers.
Awesome 60 miles is a hop skip and jump:)
And will do! Didn't think of that!

Hopefully some Kansas locals can donate a plant or two to kick-start your season.  I can just imagine the 'Tough Guy' competitions and dares you could sponsor on a base full of jar heads.  ;)

Kyle Reese Contreras said:
Hahahah, Well I have so many varieties to start next year and should be settled in! I won't have a season this year really though:(

Barring a major incident  :pray: I should have more heat than I can handle and I'm probably not alone, we can surely help you scratch your itch this season!  :dance:  I'm about an hour and a half from you. 

midwestchilehead said:
I'm about 60 miles away from Ft. Riley, in Topeka. And do a search for "Kansas." There was recently another thread on here for Kansas growers.

Here is the link to that thread http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53747-any-growers-in-ks/

Wichita here! I'm about 2 hours or so away. 2 1/2 hours or so if you drive like a normal person. You will probably go through Wichita on your way to or from Oklahoma. When is your move? plants shouldn't be too much of an issue. It would appear you are in the Army? if so thanks for your service!!!

WichitaChief said:
Wichita here! I'm about 2 hours or so away. 2 1/2 hours or so if you drive like a normal person. You will probably go through Wichita on your way to or from Oklahoma. When is your move? plants shouldn't be too much of an issue. It would appear you are in the Army? if so thanks for your service!!!
I am in the Army, but thank you! Sadly moving from country to country it is illegal to bring plants. Has to do with foreign pest control:/
SpicyMon said:
Barring a major incident  :pray: I should have more heat than I can handle and I'm probably not alone, we can surely help you scratch your itch this season!  :dance:  I'm about an hour and a half from you. 

Here is the link to that thread http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53747-any-growers-in-ks/
So glad to hear this spicemon! :) all these posts are making me excited for Kansas haha

Back