misc wine aerator

I bought one wine aerator on a whim. It seemed like a perfect - if unnecessary - stocking stuffer, since we're both wine enthusiasts. If you're a serious wine drinker - or shopping for a wine drinker in your life - give this product a try. At $19.99, it's about the price of a decent California Cabernet, and will yield results for decades to come. I could taste a difference between the non-aerated and aerated wine.  I plan on picking up a few dozen and giving them out as gifts to my friends.
05_7_86.jpg

hogleg said:
I have one of those and they are pretty cool, and effective. If you ever wanna talk wine, I'm game. I was a fairly serious collector in the 90's.

I had no idea.  That's super cool!  Speak on this with me:  I'd like something under $40 to impress my snob ass brother in law.  Once a month the MiL hosts a dinner party that we have to attend and if he didn't bring the wine he always poo poos it.  But he's a cheap SOB so he only brings a bottle once every 3 months or so.  By the time he's finished describing its character and nuance I've finished my glass and moved on.  That side of the family will swill 3-4 bottles of yellow tail in a sitting, so I feel his pain to a certain degree but I've always mitigated such issues by bringing a nice 6 pack of good beer.  

hogleg said:
I have one of those and they are pretty cool, and effective. If you ever wanna talk wine, I'm game. I was a fairly serious collector in the 90's.
I have done numerous taste tests and I love that magic decanter. It is bar far the best gadget I have for the money to aerate wine in a quick fashion. 

We have this one:

17133761788_c0c93d254a_b.jpg

But a friend of ours has the one you're showing, and I think I like that one better. Plus, it makes a cool noise as you pour the wine through it. I'm thinking a good, aerating decanter would be the best way to go, however.

Phil said:
We have this one:

17133761788_c0c93d254a_b.jpg

But a friend of ours has the one you're showing, and I think I like that one better. Plus, it makes a cool noise as you pour the wine through it. I'm thinking a good, aerating decanter would be the best way to go, however.
I actually have some great decanters and that device works faster and better since it works on the pour. We did some blind taste tests with friends and they thought the same bottle of wine one poured straight and the other through the device were not the same wine, we also used a decanter and the device and the device won every time. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I actually have some great decanters and that device works faster and better since it works on the pour. We did some blind taste tests with friends and they thought the same bottle of wine one poured straight and the other through the device were not the same wine, we also used a decanter and the device and the device won every time. 

We tried to do the same type of tests once, but we were already smashed, so we couldn't tell! lol!

SmokenFire said:

I had no idea.  That's super cool!  Speak on this with me:  I'd like something under $40 to impress my snob ass brother in law.  Once a month the MiL hosts a dinner party that we have to attend and if he didn't bring the wine he always poo poos it.  But he's a cheap SOB so he only brings a bottle once every 3 months or so.  By the time he's finished describing its character and nuance I've finished my glass and moved on.  That side of the family will swill 3-4 bottles of yellow tail in a sitting, so I feel his pain to a certain degree but I've always mitigated such issues by bringing a nice 6 pack of good beer.  

I'm not very up to date on whats hot now. In that price range I'd say try a Argentine Malbec grown at high altitude.Or NV Billecart Salmon Rose champagne. My forte is old Bordeaux and old school Napa wines. In my twenties I was buying Bordeaux futures then selling the wine when it arrived three years later. On average, I was doubling my money and keeping about twenty percent of the wine. I may or may not  :shh:  have been a member of a serious underground wine club, with members such as Wilford Wong and Gavin Newsome (I only mention them cause there names are already in the public's eye)

I used to use this wine aerator.  Its great when you just want a glass or two, or your drinking from box wine (there are actually a few good wines in a box).  But these days I think I'm more patient and relaxed when it comes to wine.  I love to use a decanter and just let the wine sit out and aerate

Back