Kyle Reese Contreras

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • aka:Kyle Reese, KRC, or Kirk

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:29 AM

"

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2?)

I really like C. Chinense x C. Annuum Crosses, hahahah So seeing your whole list.. I vote for BBG7 x Urfa Biber or CGN 21500 x Urfa Biber haha:)
Just throwing it out there!!!  Awesome list! Can't wait to watch it grow out!
Also, sign me up for the F2's haha If you want

Edited by Kyle Reese Contreras, 30 April 2015 - 07:54 AM.

Nothing wrong with being meticulous

#23 SL3

SL3

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:42 AM

I'm not impressed with the datils genetics. Both plants showed negative traits and suffered poorly in the start and still are touchy. I enjoyed the pods that I saved seeds from but the plants so far are too sickly.

I totally get that. I figured it was just So Cal environment. I hear they do much better with more humidity like Florida. 

Really nice project you got going on here and you picked several good ones to cross. Will be interesting to follow. Good luck.

#24 Ozzy2001

Ozzy2001

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:51 AM

I agree with the Bah Goat, even though I haven't tried it, everyone seems to like it so it seems that it would be a good base plant. The though of pod characteristics though leads me to vote for the Paper Lantern second.

#25 mpicante

mpicante

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,790 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

Ok I just voted.Picked two varieties.Will you announce what the winners will get crossed with?cool poll nice idea.

#26 Trident chilli

Trident chilli

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • aka:Trident

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:40 AM

Voted too ... I am sure whatever you choose it will have us all talking and watching your hopeful success

#27 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,843 posts
  • aka:D3
  • (x6)

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

Cool project D3. Will be following.

Thanks 1010!

I really like C. Chinense x C. Annuum Crosses, hahahah So seeing your whole list.. I vote for BBG7 x Urfa Biber or CGN 21500 x Urfa Biber haha:)
Just throwing it out there!!!  Awesome list! Can't wait to watch it grow out!
Also, sign me up for the F2's haha If you want

Urfa beiber is another one that hasn't been a very good plant, hopefully it does better outdoors, i'll be sure to keep everyone in mind for f2 seeds down the line.

I totally get that. I figured it was just So Cal environment. I hear they do much better with more humidity like Florida. 

Really nice project you got going on here and you picked several good ones to cross. Will be interesting to follow. Good luck.

good to know about the humidity, for me I think it was soil acidity, leaves easily go white and show nutrient deficiencies far before other plants.

I agree with the Bah Goat, even though I haven't tried it, everyone seems to like it so it seems that it would be a good base plant. The though of pod characteristics though leads me to vote for the Paper Lantern second.

I haven't had baha goat pods yet but the powders that I have tried are outstanding. As far as the paper lantern they are by far my bushiest plants with the most branches, not to mention they have great tasting pods. One of my favorite habs that I have tried so far. 

_MG_0375.jpg

Ok I just voted.Picked two varieties.Will you announce what the winners will get crossed with?cool poll nice idea.

Thanks for voting! Yea I will keep track of all the crosses and success/failures here in this thread. I'll keep it up just like my other glog but this one focusing on the breeding. bow chicka wow wow  ;)

Voted too ... I am sure whatever you choose it will have us all talking and watching your hopeful success

Thanks boss, hopefully I get something good out of all of it. 

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#28 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,843 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:20 PM

Bump! only a few more hours till I call it and toss them into the hydrosystem

Noticed that CGN-21500 had some blackening on the leaves since going into hydro. Anyone have any ideas what could cause it? There was a little funk left in the rez from previous grow also maybe bleach residue. I went ahead and drained and flushed the system last night and refilled. Could it be chem burn from tap water, or maybe a fungus? It's not powdery to the touch or anything it's in the tissue. Looks like sun burn but it's the same T5 fixture that was over them in the first place. i just moved it into the hydro unit. 

6A5804BD-1081-4963-9A09-81DAFFF69D3B.jpg

White fatalii not showing any signs of it though, got the other two spots filled with water and operational. Just need some winners now  :party:

610A1AC4-DDE9-4562-98DA-7646EEDD66ED.jpg

I have these on the cabinet doors of both hydro systems. Helps me keep track of what plants in what. Also going to use to keep track of crosses. I can just label the tag with the alphabetical letter. 

AB91B8F6-5291-49C2-9E20-609F38987F2A.jpg

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#29 OSUPepperGuy

OSUPepperGuy

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

White bhut and anything else! I love it that much lol and honestly haven't had a lot of the other :(

#30 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,843 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:27 PM

White bhut and anything else! I love it that much lol and honestly haven't had a lot of the other :(

if it don't make the list it's still getting crossed with a few in the hydro. The plant is fantastic looking. Older pic, it's even bigger now with the side branches 

2633DE16-8E89-44B1-8703-A23B7F1E322F.jpg

White Bhut X baha goat or White bhut X CGN-21500   

Find me on Instagram

#31 OSUPepperGuy

OSUPepperGuy

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:30 PM

I know nothing about crossing strains or anything of the sort, but I'd gladly invest in white bhut x anything hot seeds

#32 suchen

suchen

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

Awesome project! Really dig the paper lantern and white bhut. I voted paper lantern and yellow Butch T.

#33 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,843 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:50 PM

3 more hours till poll close then they are getting moved to hydro system

Find me on Instagram

#34 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,843 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:23 PM

Poll is closed! Butch T yellow and Bahamian Goat win!!!

Now if only I could figure out how to close the poll without deleting it all together  :tear: 

edited to fix winners... cgn-21500 was already chosen as a crosser.

Edited by D3monic, 30 April 2015 - 09:53 PM.

Find me on Instagram

#35 suchen

suchen

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:52 PM

That 21500 is so cool. Can't wait to see what takes :party:

#36 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,843 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:50 PM

Everything is finalized!

Butch T yellow 

39B5269E-6172-4A5E-B2AA-4D1F367B4E36.jpg

Just a wee bit rootbound

3D096991-B871-43FE-A0EB-AD30F64E0F1C.jpg

Bahamian Goat pepper

5D153D18-72F7-4AD3-BB1D-C7AB7465F937.jpg

8883B528-AB0F-4CEF-BBA7-78A7E2135C9F.jpg

B56A74DA-120B-4E05-979C-D90447DFD2A8.jpg

4E7E4794-18E2-4976-8CF6-DF321D2CAFC2.jpg

Find me on Instagram

#37 Plantguy76

Plantguy76

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • aka:Plantguy

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

I would like seed form the goat X yellow butch T cross please when available if possible
Think you said something like the f2 gen also that white fatalii X CGN 21500 sounds interesting
I will sure be following this with interest!

Every dead Japanese beetle is a victory!

#38 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,843 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:47 PM

Sure thing, gonna be a while but I'll be sure to spread around. 

Find me on Instagram

#39 Plantguy76

Plantguy76

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • aka:Plantguy

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:56 PM

Thanks that Bahamian Goat X Yellow Butch T was one I thought about almost voted that way but decided to go with the Bahamian goat X Caribbean red habanero
I hope they produce some strong plants & have some nice tales with good flavor and heat but not over powering .
Something like I understand the sb7j to be like for Nigel & Matt reviews

Every dead Japanese beetle is a victory!

#40 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,843 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:58 AM

A little early on but wanted to try my hand at stripping and fertilizing them. Was a little harder than I thought it would be. Took several buds before I got it right. Dropped several stigmas and just broke my first flower off completly. LOL. 

I need to get some Jewelry tags. This bread clip will have to do for now

I used Pollen from Bolsa de dulce and fertilized White Fatalii hence  White fatalii X Bolsa de Dulce.

3FE97F50-B36F-492F-80A9-667FE98DF000.jpg

2D520DA8-88D7-4434-929C-F8FE4E84E83B.jpg

Find me on Instagram

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests