• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

Not sure if it's complete misunderstanding on my behalf in general, or maybe too much JD. Is it the 7 poll choices x any on your list, the 7 poll choices x white fatalii or CGN 21500n or any x any?

MeatHead1313 said:
Not sure if it's complete misunderstanding on my behalf in general, or maybe too much JD. Is it the 7 poll choices x any on your list, the 7 poll choices x white fatalii or CGN 21500n or any x any?

The 7 poll choices are to determine what goes into the hydro system. Then they will be used to cross with any of the other plants in my collection or those in the hydro already. Like i'm going to cross White Fatalii with CGN-21500 both ways but I could also bring in pollen from my outdoor plants and cross with any of the 4 in the hydro system. (or with eachother) I knew it would be a little confusing but was hoping I laid it out intelligently enough. 

So basically the only plants that don't get crossed are outside x outside unless accidentally 

hogleg said:
I'd like to see Goatsweed X with ButchT yellow. I think that would make a nice freak show.

I tried butch T yellow X aji pineapple last year but unfortunately I couldn't get any of the seeds to germinate. I'll do a few of them crossed with goatsweed just for u :P

There's quite a few that sound like good crosses with butch T yellow. Butch T X baha goat, Butch T X white fatalii ect

Don't forget about the cool attributes Goatsweed could pass on, blackness, upright, fuzzy. You know I wish it was on the DWC list.

hogleg said:
Don't forget about the cool attributes Goatsweed could pass on, blackness, upright, fuzzy. You know I wish it was on the DWC list.

I know you do but from what I've seen of it so far it's going to be too tall for my grow area. I got a special spot for them on each side a arbor in the grill area. Both plants are about 1.5 tall and seem to want to only go up. 

D3monic said:
The 7 poll choices are to determine what goes into the hydro system. Then they will be used to cross with any of the other plants in my collection or those in the hydro already. Like i'm going to cross White Fatalii with CGN-21500 both ways but I could also bring in pollen from my outdoor plants and cross with any of the 4 in the hydro system. (or with eachother) I knew it would be a little confusing but was hoping I laid it out intelligently enough. 

So basically the only plants that don't get crossed are outside x outside unless accidentally
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. Crap day at work + day off tomorrow = no chance of me thinking g straight lol. I had to vote for Bahamian goat for the dwc. Such amazing flavour and a good heat level too. BG x CGN 21500 would be a nice crossn one to see what colours are produced, and 2 as both have amazing flavours.

MeatHead1313 said:
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. Crap day at work + day off tomorrow = no chance of me thinking g straight lol. I had to vote for Bahamian goat for the dwc. Such amazing flavour and a good heat level too. BG x CGN 21500 would be a nice crossn one to see what colours are produced, and 2 as both have amazing flavours.

Can make 2 choices, that does sound like a nice cross too

I told ya dammit! don't be afraid to pull out your Samurai sword and wack they damm faces OFF! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

It and the Onza's I have, are the only strains that I feel must be topped to increase performance and yield.

D3monic said:

I know you do but from what I've seen of it so far it's going to be too tall for my grow area. I got a special spot for them on each side a arbor in the grill area. Both plants are about 1.5 tall and seem to want to only go up. 

I do like the idea of letting them stretch beside the arbor though. Like lanky fuzzy green tigers with red and black teeth, guarding that entry.  :high:  oh yea, I'm on sum good shizzzzzzzz tanite!!!

Was hoping for some fuzzy little lanky palm trees dangling their red fruit like some crazy Rastafarian hair hanging down. Then i can do some petunias or some thing that stays short around the base for some color

The lil trouble makers, they been in tight quarters with the other plants and can tell the middle area looks a little sad from the crowding

A lot of visitors that aren't voting  :mope:

I think a pink tiger one of the ones with dark leaves x CGI 21500
Also the Bahamian goat x yellow butch T might be nice I was looking on Judy site and was thinking about her improved yellow butch T would be nice to cross with a BG but regular would be cool as well
Aji Amarillo x Champion
Also Australian Lantern hab x Hot paper lantern
Those are just a few of my thoughts on the fly
Ok I voted for a Bahamian Goat X Caribbean Red Habanero I would not mind seed form such a cross I hear good things about that habanero a marriage between them might begat some good childern

Amarillo X Champion would be a beast of a plant. Both of those are crazy tall for their ages. 
Pink tiger was a tough consideration for the poll strictly on foliage. Both my P. Tiger plants have the beautiful leaves. I wasn't sure on it's flavor though. 

D3monic said:
Was hoping for some fuzzy little lanky palm trees dangling their red fruit like some crazy Rastafarian hair hanging down. Then i can do some petunias or some thing that stays short around the base for some color

The lil trouble makers, they been in tight quarters with the other plants and can tell the middle area looks a little sad from the crowding

A lot of visitors that aren't voting  :mope:

A lot of those visitors prolly aren't members. What is it 2:00 am over there? it'll pick up, no worries brah, this a great thread.  :onfire:

It's looking like Bahamian goat and Butch T are probably going to win.. not a bad combo. I could think of quite a few I'd like to cross with them. 

Plantguy76 said:
That sweet datil crossed with a BG would not be bad ether bring the heat down add some sweetness

I'm not impressed with the datils genetics. Both plants showed negative traits and suffered poorly in the start and still are touchy. I enjoyed the pods that I saved seeds from but the plants so far are too sickly.

So its the same with the sweet ones
I had a white fatalii that growing like a habanero one of the plants I gave my buddy
I also have an moa scotch bonnet yellow that forked I notice when choosing one to give my friend

I love polls like these - easy to see favourite peppers in the grow community.  I selected bahamian goat and butch T yellow - as did pretty much everyone else!  Hope the crossing goes to plan mate. 

Back