• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is there a journal on peppers?

I don't see any mention of a pepper society or a hot pepper society anywhere. I'm used to writing papers for different plant societies, but if I wanted to write a paper on an aspect of pepper cultivation, is there any journal that deals with this? The closest thing I have found are people who work for different universities, and usually through the extension department. Tom

I have seen the Pepper and Eggplant newsletter they produce but I have never found anything of real value in there.  Also not sure who the target audience is.

I suppose there's never really going to be a dedicated journal - most of the info is online or people just share it on forums.  Some really groundbreaking stuff has appeared in other scientific journals though.  But that is the problem - for a researcher to score "career points" you want to get your papers published in high-impact journals - the ones that everybody looks to as the go-to reference for what's new, hip and happening.  As an example: TREE - Trends in Ecologys and Evolution - very high impact publication - this is where you want your work published - this is where you get noticed!

And unfortunately so it is for career scientists - there work is all over the place - in one of the many publications out there.

The best would be in a popular journal.  Even things like Acta Hortuculturae are very scientific and really focus on new ground-breaking findings.  If you are developing new information then that would be a publication to consider.

Back