• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

The Official Happy Hour Thread

In this thread we will discuss our favorite happy hour deals, and post a bunch of pictures of food and drink.

I've always been a big fan of happy hour. Almost every bar, or restaurant with a bar around here has some sort of happy hour deal on drinks and/or food. Some of them are really great, and I'm always finding new ones.

I'll get things started with some bacon wrapped prime rib bites from Legends Bar in NE Minneapolis. They are deep fried and come with fried onion strings and a chipotle dipping sauce.

12 of these little love nuggets come in an order, and they are only FIVE BUCKS during happy hour. I'm stuffed after eating 12 of them. That's dinner! The beer is Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA.

Sooo... what are your favorite happy hour deals? Let's see 'em!

muskymojo said:
In this thread we will discuss our favorite happy hour deals, and post a bunch of pictures of food and drink.

I've always been a big fan of happy hour. Almost every bar, or restaurant with a bar around here has some sort of happy hour deal on drinks and/or food. Some of them are really great, and I'm always finding new ones.

I'll get things started with some bacon wrapped prime rib bites from Legends Bar in NE Minneapolis. They are deep fried and come with fried onion strings and a chipotle dipping sauce.

12 of these little love nuggets come in an order, and they are only FIVE BUCKS during happy hour. I'm stuffed after eating 12 of them. That's dinner! The beer is Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA.

Sooo... what are your favorite happy hour deals? Let's see 'em!
Those look like some pretty yummy treats.
I haven't been to Legends in years,
Legends on Hennepin right ?
last time I was there people were talking about how just the day before, a plain clothes officer prevented a Robbery by shooting a gun out of the robbers hand right there where we were standing.  I think that was April or May 2007
Is it still mostly a College Bar ?

Not happy hour but a Cinco de Mayo special yesterday thru Tuesday. Two Coronas, for Dos Equis, five bucks!

20150502_171547.jpg

That plate of bacon wrapped beef and onion rings would cost you $25 here and you'd get half that many, and 4 beers for $5?  Corona is a minimum $7 per beer in Aus… 

Amazing deals.  

It is insane.  They got a deal from their beer man who couldn't sell enough of the stuff for Cinco de Mayo.  Yay me!  I am taking full advantage.  The other sloughs in the place aren't big on Mexican beers so I am hoping that the special will continue!  I've indulged three times so far.

Bumper said:
That plate of bacon wrapped beef and onion rings would cost you $25 here and you'd get half that many, and 4 beers for $5?  Corona is a minimum $7 per beer in Aus… 

Amazing deals.  

No happy hours there? Food is often free as well. Drinks are cheap. There's people that know where the spots are every day and travel around weekly for free or cheap dinner! ;)

The Hot Pepper said:

No happy hours there? Food is often free as well. Drinks are cheap. There's people that know where the spots are every day and travel around weekly for free or cheap dinner! ;)

I was pretty handy in that regard when I was at UF, in Gainesville, in the mid-90's ...

Now I'm killing myself trying to think of the name of the place on Archer w/ the AYCE pizza (one night of the week) ... mom and pop place ... grrr ...

And there was a place w/ teriyaki bowls that was pretty dope, too ...

But the gem in the rough was the little BBQ shack just on the other side of downtown, where the student population didn't often wander ... it was ricketty, and they didn't run the air conditioning ... I mean, it was like 100-105F in there, I'm thinking in retrospect ... Anyways, I used to go out there and eat friend okra and hang out for a couple of hours and they would laugh at me the whole time sweating (they didn't run the air) my ass off while I mao'd the shit out of anything they brought to the table ...

Good times.

Yeah I used to go to a place for dinner that had a carving station, it was on the water, nice dockside eating, and for an hour I think, it was free or $1! All the fresh carved meat on fresh buns you could eat... I wasn't even drinking age, and went for dinner.

Here in town, at the Hyatt, there's a Sunday morning brunch downstairs ...

It's on an inlet from the bay, and there's a nice pool, and the brunch spread is massive ...

Once the bell rings at 10AM, the mimosas come out ...

I can't tell you the number of underage migraines I endured from all that crappy bubbly ...

Back