• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Capsaicin tolerance.....of the bung

From a convo on reddit last night, it occurred to me that the morefrequentiy i consume capsaicin, the less I experience ring sting (bung burn, ring of fire, flaming anus, etc) and only very rarely if I consumed lot of capsaicin am I effected.

So it got me wondering - do we build up capsaicin tolerance on the exit as well as he entrance?

Discuss.

I think it depends on your diet, like what you've been eating with hot stuff.  Sometimes it comes out fire, sometimes it doesn't for me.  Rolling the dice!

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
From a convo on reddit last night, it occurred to me that the morefrequentiy i consume capsaicin, the less I experience ring sting (bung burn, ring of fire, flaming anus, etc) and only very rarely if I consumed lot of capsaicin am I effected.

So it got me wondering - do we build up capsaicin tolerance on the exit as well as he entrance?

Discuss.

Need more details...like have you been sexually molesting peppers on the side? This could affect butthole tolerance.

I think the following is the main reason for the wonder burn.....eating the seeds. Since we do not process seeds they always come through and well as one can imagine.... :tear:

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I think the following is the main reason for the wonder burn.....eating the seeds. Since we do not process seeds they always come through and well as one can imagine.... :tear:
Yes, but we can digest the placenta that covers the seeds, which is where the concentration of capsaicin is.

Not sure I agree with this theory...

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Yes, but we can digest the placenta that covers the seeds, which is where the concentration of capsaicin is.

Not sure I agree with this theory...
Yes I agree but if you want to test it keep the seeds in a super and eat them and see whats in the toilet...placenta or seeds :) I know that is what the main contributor for me is...cannot speak to other anuses   :high:

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Yes I agree but if you want to test it keep the seeds in a super and eat them and see whats in the toilet...placenta or seeds :) I know that is what the main contributor for me is...cannot speak to other anuses   :high:

You may just have a particularly sensitive anus? 

That's kind of between you and the missus though...

Capsaicin rarely bugs my rear sphincter, but when it does, it's usually in conjunction with something else that upset my system (too much coffee, pizza, beer, etc.). Too much will bother my stomach a bit, but it seems to stop there for the most part.

Here's a tip for the bunghole challenged. Keep a ziplock of wet wipes soaked in witch hazel in the fridge or freezer. Take it with you to the bathroom. Works for 'rhoids too.

Pack of Tucks on standby on wing eating night and a Man-pon 
Urban Dictionary
TOP DEFINITION   
manpon
Its like a napkin folded together so if cough or sneeze and a little run comes out it hits that manpon.
"I got mud butt son. I was scared if I farted I would shit on myself. I had 40 hot wings last night so I had to manpon it up son." Christopher "Big Black" Boykin.

Depends on how the hemorrhoids are doing... I felt some heat this morning after eating my chimichurri skirt steak and el yuckytaco mayan xxxhot last night. 

I think the medical term is "accommodation" and yes, I think your but hole is accommodating.  Sorry, but it was so right there.

butt hole tolerance is real.     the only thing that doesn't ever seem to  care about how often I eat cap is my gut.     If I go over the threshold my gut lets me know.  couple weeks ago I went overboard on some pickled scotch bonnets and my belly let me know.  Not much ring sting but the last few hours before  were not pleasant.  :hell:  :hell:

I'm sure having a strong immune systems and healthy gut flora has something to do with it as well. It's the same reason we're told not to drink the water when we go to Mexico. If our bodies don't neutralize the capsaicin by the time it reaches the rectum we're feelin' the burn.

The fresh peppers/hot sauce/powders I consume very rarely gets me on the flip side.  Popeye's spicy chicken, wendy's ghost pepper fries, flamin hot cheetos, fake processed stuff like that basically always gets me.  Gotta be something in the processing

Back