• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

holes and a little leaf curl

Hey guys I seem to be having one problem child ( for them moment anyway ).

Here's the scoop. I have these plants outside. Water when its dry up to mid part of second knuckle going on third. Under shade for most of the day. No extra ferts as of now.

Have battled mites before.

I am noticing holes on this one plant and a little leaf curl. I moved it to the back porch.

Holes
e9Zm6mq.jpg

o0tNWPK.jpg

Leaf curl. Not the best pic but the top center leaf. Curling up and the leaf to the left a little too. Since I've had mites I'm always tripping on the littlest sign of curl.

dsKwUar.jpg

Maybe caterpillar? I've found one before that I smooshed.

Who knows. I'm trying not to be a bugaboo but....I helicopter parent to no avail!

What is the prognosis guys?

Check in the evening when the sun has gone down for caterpillars. That's how I found the one chewing on my orange bell last week. Damage looked similar to yours. What variety is the one with leaf curl? I have noticed some super hots just sort of do that on their own from time to time.

its not unusual for flying insects to land on your plants... chew a few holes, and be gone for ever. its not clear to me what these insects are, but its always an issue for me.

keep looking for the pest, but keep the above in mind.

That plant is a Trinidad Moruga Scorpion.

I thought it was just a chewer bug of some sorts. Guess I'll get out there to look after work around midnight or so.

Thanks guys.

Back