• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Valleyman's 2015 Season

I wanted to share a few photos of the progress of my 2015 chile season. I recently took my wintered over plants from inside the house and moved them into the unheated greenhouse. Since these photos everything has been moved to the outside now that the temps are getting into the 70's Day/45-50 Nighttime temps .

The seedling pics show a combination of stripped and normal growth. They're finally starting to look Ok. Seems like they're taking forever this season to get going.

Nice progress :dance:
When did you start you seeds ?

I'm chomping @ the bit waiting to plant out here in (Zone4)
We had a wicked Hail storm here on the 2nd {tore up my Rhubarb}, and its still  supposed to drop into the low 40's @ night later this week  :mope:

Oh man I feel for you. You poor bastard. Zone 6 here and I almost needed therapy this year.  But we just got into the more stable temps. Phew.  I saw pics of crazy hail in MN this past weekend.

Anyhow, thanks man. I sowed the chinese super hots on the last day of January and some annum and baccatum varieties third week of March. Heat mat/ T8's and Soiless Mix. I'm not planting into the ground until June. Currently the peppers are in 2.5 and 3" pots. I'll Probably step up em into deep 4.5" pots before going into the ground in mid -late June

Last year I did the same but they seemed to grow more slowly this year. Maybe my bulbs are weaker. Cannot detect that just from looking at  but I read a while back that the lights should be replaced every year. Looked good and feeling cheap I chose not to. LIve and learn.

Good luck with the big ol leave on that rhubarb! Hopefully early enough to recover for pie season

Back