• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

indego rose tomato

I am growing the indigo apple and indigo blue beauty for the first time this season...   The plants themselves are beautiful... they have deep purple and green foliage.  I cant wait for them to set fruit.

I think it was Indigo Rose that I grew last year---fairly small fruits with deep purple and orange coloration. It was an interesting novelty, but flavorwise it wasn't worth it. I won't grow it again.

kentishman said:
I think it was Indigo Rose that I grew last year---fairly small fruits with deep purple and orange coloration. It was an interesting novelty, but flavorwise it wasn't worth it. I won't grow it again.
With tomatoes for me its all about the flavor.

I've grown Indigo Rose a few years back.  They set fruit easily, looked 'pretty' with their dark purplish and orange coloring.  If I wasn't picking them every day, the fruit would fall on the ground and be a bit harder than I thought they'd be.  The taste was horrible and I won't grow any blues again unless the flavor improves.  I almost couldn't give them away.

Catherine is accurate on the flavor. ..for salads. .but most.of the time I Sautee them. So not much difference. ..

The blue beauty is great and nice..there are many other indigo crosses... awhaley.com has thEm..

I'm growing the indigo sun f2...and kumquat...got some indigo ruby from local nursery. Pear shaped lookING indigo

Back