• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Was labeled Douglah, obviously not

oOKaWHD.jpg

Was labeled as a Douglah (and I did grow 2 plants that produced phenotype true last year) but this one has pods ripening directly to orange from green.

Possible contenders from my grow list last year, as this was an overwinter:

7 Pod Brain Strain Yellow
7 Pod Jonah
7 Pod Primo
Naga Morich
Naga Viper
Olive Primo Hybrid
Trinidad Scorpion - but I grew a LOT of scorpions last year and they looked nothing like this

Thoughts?

As requested, additional pics:

PBRvJJb.jpg

Ppf7g4J.jpg

kZyXSMg.jpg

0huNTyc.jpg

Now, I'm sort of thinking some kind of Naga, but... green > orange?

One other possibility is that these could be early-season Carolina Reapers, but all of my Reapers from last year where heavily blistered/bumpy and all grew the distinctive tail; including the early season ones.

It looks a bit like a Naga cross, leave one of them on the plant longer to see if it will go red.  Peppers are like rabbits if you don't cover the flower buds and have some other plants near by you could end up with a cross and not know it till you grow it again the following year.

wildseed57 said:
It looks a bit like a Naga cross, leave one of them on the plant longer to see if it will go red.  Peppers are like rabbits if you don't cover the flower buds and have some other plants near by you could end up with a cross and not know it till you grow it again the following year.

I  agree, it seems to have the correct vertical contours, but the base is different. It could be a mutated version, a cross, or its own variation of a non-inbred/herloom genetic. Just a though.

Hopefully it tastes good and hits the correct fire note!

The seeds that I planted for the Naga Viper, Naga Morich, 7 Pod Brain Strain Yellow, 7 Pod Jonah, and 7 Pod Primo all came directly from seed vendors (PL, FFF) so they would not have resulted from crosses from prior years.

I will watch the new pods and let them ripen fully.

Back