• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I Review The Lemon Drop X Tepin

I had some of the f1 pods a few weeks back.  It was definitely not like any other pepper I have ever had.  I don't have the taste buds to describe it like you do, but it was definitely very unique.  Have an f3 growing this year, hope to get enough to see what it does to salsa and make some powder out of them.

jcw10tc said:
I had some of the f1 pods a few weeks back.  It was definitely not like any other pepper I have ever had.  I don't have the taste buds to describe it like you do, but it was definitely very unique.  Have an f3 growing this year, hope to get enough to see what it does to salsa and make some powder out of them.

To be honest I've been really contemplating on crossing them again with something like the Fidalga roxa or the cgn-21500 for shoots and giggles. Keep a few uncrossed pods but hey, why not. 

The pod I gave George was actually an F3. I grew F4 out of saved seeds over the winter and they grew out a little more flat on two sides than the other and a smidgen longer and smoother. Will probably get some F5 going sometime soon.

Back