• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Share your hot sauce

So I see that every one post a new topic for every sauce and I want to read them all but it's a lot. Maybe we can share on this thread for easier read. Just a thought.

The other day I had a fresh pineapple and some habs. I made pineapple hot sauce. I'll call it Pineapple express.

I took 1.5 cups of pineapple 7 orange habaneros seeded. And grilled them.

3 carrots
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1.5 tsp oregano
Salt to taste

Blended it all for 5 mins simmered it for 15 mins then reblended it.

The consistency was nice not liquidy but not too thick. The smell is great. Goes real well on a teriyaki turkey burger and carnitas tacos. At first you get real pineapple taste followed by some nice heat. It's a really nice yellow color.

Here's my recently finished sauce.

Used about a (probably less than) half pint of approx 6~7mo ferment. (mix of tepin x lemon drop, unknown baccatum, and de arbol peppers, carrots, apple, and garlic)

Blended with 2 asian spoonfuls of apple cider vinegar and about a cup of chopped frozen mango. Brought the blend to a boil and immediately jarred up.

11198444_10101601146137307_2131647155_n.jpg

I never thought about putting oregano in a hot sauce. What does it do to the flavor profile ?

BTW- I'm a huge oregano fan and use it allot in my cooking. For some reason in my mind it doesn't seem to pair well with a hot sauce. I grow oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil, chives and garlic.

Back