Molecular Gastronomy? Food Science? New Member!

Greetings everyone! My name is Jonathan - and I am currently a student studying at the University of British Columbia @ Vancouver, BC. 

I just signed up to this forum today! I have recently developed a HUGE interest in hot sauces - notably due to their ability to add flavor and increase the metabolic processes of the body ( up bmr via temperature ) 
for fitness related goals ( weight loss )

I also have a hobby of molecular gastronomy; with the use of filtration tools / sous vide machines to create exceptional food and sauces for my own personal use.

I joined this forum to gain a better knowledge regarding hot sauces and their effects!

Feel free to reply to this thread if you're into that kinda stuff as well.

Cheers!
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,  :welcome: to the THP forums from South Carolina!!.. - you'll definitely want to check out the hot sauce making sub-forum.

facultyoffood said:
Greetings everyone! My name is Jonathan - and I am currently a student studying at the University of British Columbia @ Vancouver, BC. 

I just signed up to this forum today! I have recently developed a HUGE interest in hot sauces - notably due to their ability to add flavor and increase the metabolic processes of the body ( up bmr via temperature ) 
for fitness related goals ( weight loss )

I also have a hobby of molecular gastronomy; with the use of filtration tools / sous vide machines to create exceptional food and sauces for my own personal use.

I joined this forum to gain a better knowledge regarding hot sauces and their effects!

Feel free to reply to this thread if you're into that kinda stuff as well.

Cheers!
Jonathan

I'm down ...

I HIGHLY suggest reverse-searing anything you post from the sous vide ;)

#protip

facultyoffood said:

Reverse Searing? Do you mean pre-searing?
I was planning to cook my mash in sous vide ;)

Reverse-searing, as in, searing at the end - after the sous vide.

I first got my SVS like 4-5 yrs ago and I shared some ribs, and short-ribs  that came out of the bag traditionally slimy and folks never really recovered ...

Back