• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

condiment Maxed out salsa tub-

salsalady

Business Member
We recently scaled up the salsa recipe, got a new chopper and a 48" spatula.  Every batch of salsa is a little different based on how much the onions have to be trimmed, the size of the cilantro bunches, etc.  Today, I think we hit the max for this mixing tub. 

20150509_133946.jpg

20150509_134043.jpg

20150509_134035.jpg

Every once in a while, I'll give 'em a couple tubs with little extra something.  1 teaspoon habanero and 2 teaspoons Jonah 7 Pot per tub oughta do the trick!  :twisted:
20150509_144153.jpg

169 tubs of love-
20150509_152217.jpg

I'll be really happy tomorrow after they are delivered!

Dang!  Nachos is calling my name!  Time to send the 'Kid to the store~ 

hogleg said:
So if the triple X gets two spoons of Jonah. Then how many did the Xtra Spcial XXXX have that me and Scovie ate that morning??? :fireball:
about half that...I was being nice to you guys~~~;)

hogleg said:
So if the triple X gets two spoons of Jonah. Then how many did the Xtra Spcial XXXX have that me and Scovie ate that morning??? :fireball:

salsalady said:
about half that...I was being nice to you guys~~~ ;)

Scoville DeVille said:
The line for that position starts right behind ME!

Being "nice" to us??? I was seeing colors, sound waves and unicorns from that stuff.

Well, I THOUGHT I was being nice and gentle....:shrug:....:lol:

There's been "special edition" salsas containg bhuts, Pure Evil, Massive Habanero, and 7 Pots....  It all depends on my mood...;)

The Hot Pepper said:
Did someone say TUB of salsa? I think it's bath time!
If heated salsa tasted good I'd put it in the hot tub!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Are those liver containers? Or what is often referenced as liver containers? They seem to be the same as the BBQ tubs that my uncle and them used for the 1200 pounds of pork shoulders they did....
At first I was like ...???...but I think I know what you are talking about! 

I do remember 16 oz plastic tubs in the meat department with liver.  That's probably the first memory I can come up with for those 16oz containers.  But they have been used so much over the past 20+? years in the deli department at most stores that I call 'em Deli Tubs or Deli containers.  That's even the way they are labeled on the boxes now.  Deli Tubs.  Find 'em labeled as such at the restaurant supply stores.  Funny thing is, for the past "forever" I've been ordering the 16 oz tubs through the local grocery store's Meat department....not the Deli department. :lol:

One local store Deli still used the round 8oz, 16 oz, 32 oz containers.  The other Deli counter uses the rectangular hinged containers with ridges. 

Wayyyyyyy back in the day, one lady working in the "round container deli" store, stated she didn't like a competitor's salsa because it was in the hinged lid rectangular container with ridges in the tub, and the ridges made it hard to get all the sauce out of the container. 

Random comment that has stuck with me, and now I use clear straight sided tubs at about double the price of the Natural semi-opaque tubs.  Plus the fact the Natural lids don't fit tight. 

But there have been issues with these new expensive tubs also.  Sometimes, there are a few lids in a row that don't have as wide of a lip and the lids pop off the containers very easily.  In some sleeves of tubs, the first 4-8 tubs have vertical splits in the sides, like a machine gripped too tight and split the side of the tub. 

Just another crap that has to be dealt with.  Bidnis as usual~   

I just heard that one of Evan's classmates' family (who is very familiar with the salsa and other products) just bought one of the XXX salsas and it was waaaayyyy too hot! 

I'm asking him "why did they buy the XXX?  They Know Better!"  

He didn't have a good answer~~~  :banghead:

Back