• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Planting Out...Still Waiting....Advice Please?

I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting to plant out. Utah is a desert, so it usually doesn't rain. I'm glad we are getting this rain for the farmers and whatnot, but it is pushing back my planting date. Here's my forecast for next week, which is when I'm REALLY wanting to plant. Would you do it with the rain and overnight lows? Seems like it should just be light rain most days:
weather.jpg

My plants have been decently hardened off. I plan on leaving them out all week until Saturday, through the nights to get them ready for some chilly, wet weather.

What say ye?

D3monic said:
I dunno man, here's my forecast and i'm still Leary about it. I'm off work Wed and Thurs, I was thinking about starting planting on Thurs but still worried about the storms and overnights

may will be over , if you wait till after . gotta jump in some time my friend !    :onfire:

Cool, thanks guys. Saturday is the only one that worries me. Should I cover them? My bed and containers should drain pretty well, but I don't want them to get flooded if it rains all day

I planted mine out the weekend before last. I'm kind of wondering if I should have now. Peppers don't grow much when it gets below 50F at night. Plants that aren't growing are more susceptible to disease. This is definitely BLS weather...

NickP said:
Cool, thanks guys. Saturday is the only one that worries me. Should I cover them? My bed and containers should drain pretty well, but I don't want them to get flooded if it rains all day

As long as you have confidence that your soil and media drains, it'll be no problem. And temps aren't low enough to warrant covering. It's just the prolonged cool nights that are a concern because they can stall growth.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     I planted mine out the weekend before last. I'm kind of wondering if I should have now. Peppers don't grow much when it gets below 50F at night. Plants that aren't growing are more susceptible to disease. This is definitely BLS weather...

As long as you have confidence that your soil and media drains, it'll be no problem. And temps aren't low enough to warrant covering. It's just the prolonged cool nights that are a concern because they can stall growth.
i agree it is bps weather ! when i planted last week it was mid 80's who would of known .

Cold frame?

I just threw mine outside (roughly the same conditions). Love it or lump it bitches, all I'ma going to do is pull you into the shade.

Back