• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

preservation Smoking chillies today

Smoking chillies and then dehydrating them inside is one of those things that can just challenge a marriage a little on a given day.  Smell's freaking great to me!! 

Bought a nice wine and am brining a couple of chooks to do tomorrow on the rotisserie as penance.  

They will of course be smoked.

With cherry wood.   :whistle:

:rolleyes:

Bumper said:
Smoking chillies and then dehydrating them inside is one of those things that can just challenge a marriage a little on a given day...

...They will of course be smoked.

With cherry wood.   :whistle:

:rolleyes:
You speak the truth my friend, I always try and save at least one or two days of vacation for the fall just to smoke peppers/make sauce without my wife knowing so she isn't in the house  :shh:  Though an outdoor propane burner is on my wishlist both for double use in homebrew and outdoor sauce mashin'!

I got some amazing peach wood last season that is starting to run dry without my wood guy getting any other leads on some yet, it was/is amazing with the peppers! Try it if you can find a good source! Its sweet but tastes less bitter to me than cherry!

You only have to post the link to the image I don't know what all the code is attached to them. ;)

The Hot Pepper said:
You only have to post the link to the image I don't know what all the code is attached to them. ;)
Surprised someone hasn't raised this before, I use the link off photo bucket and drop it in the link here and it spits out code on the side.  So I have been making it difficult for myself it seems… 
SpicyMon said:
You speak the truth my friend, I always try and save at least one or two days of vacation for the fall just to smoke peppers/make sauce without my wife knowing so she isn't in the house  :shh:  Though an outdoor propane burner is on my wishlist both for double use in homebrew and outdoor sauce mashin'!

I got some amazing peach wood last season that is starting to run dry without my wood guy getting any other leads on some yet, it was/is amazing with the peppers! Try it if you can find a good source! Its sweet but tastes less bitter to me than cherry!
I have peach tree in the back, every two years it gets a hard prune, so hopefully won't have to buy again after next season for a while.  

Back