• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

White Bhuts.. Nope.. Guesses?

These were given to me as "White Bhut seeds from pepperlover.com"

Czh8p4e.jpg

They are small, but being May in Michigan they are very very early pods (started early, couldnt help myself). Any guess as to what I should officially label them?

*To be clear, I didn't get these from pepperlover.com personally, the guy could be mistaken. I fully support pepperlover.com and maintain them to he my favorite distributor

They do. They have a Bhut look. I have read that some of the whites dont grow true. I have 2 of these plants from the same pack of seeds, no pods on the other yet. Maybe it will be white. If we are stuck with red bhuts, worse things could happen lol. We were looking forward to our white pods tho

White pods would be cool and on my grow bucket list, but there is plenty you can do with the reds! Genetics can be fickle.  Love it pot it up big and it will give you a truck load.  Really like these plants.  

You could eat one to confirm…  :fireball:

Lol, thats the plan.. too soon tho, they just turned orange yesterday. The deal with the little woman was "anything we grow we gotta try" .. naturally the list is bhuts, reapers, yellow and red brain strain.. and some hot, but not supers. Only regret is I didnt grow 7 primos..

Either way, I will update when we finally try one of these. First bhut so nothing to compare it to. Something tells me we will know lol. Last year we tried out first super hots. Red brain, reaper, 7 pot brown, and 7 pot primo..

It was definitely interesting last year. Last years pods were given to us. First year and I made the mistake of ordering from amazon. "Reaper and trinidad scorpion" .. turned out red savina habs..

This season my seeds came from pepperlover.com / the guy who gave us last year pods / and wicked mike who was kind enough to donate to the cause

We tried one.. it most definitely is not bhut hot. Red brains and reapers sent me running for the milk. This has a heat like jalapeno +1 .. not sure what this is. Fruity smell and taste. Its not bad. Actually the little woman is excited that it is something usable and not just another face melter lol.. shame we dont know exactly what it is, but I guess we will enjoy them this summer. Maybe this will be a key ingredient in my first sauce attempt..

or who knows, maybe early spring pod is just weak and the face melting is a month away

I grew "Bhut Jolokia White" last year and they grew white, and were at Bhut level heat but didn't look anything like a bhut, more like an habanero.

Yours look like regular red bhuts to me, or the whites got crossed with something else.

Yea they are good flavor.. we expect later this summer the pods will hopefully get bigger and hotter. These are very early. Spring in Michigan. Today I finally officially moved my peppers outside for good

Back