• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I think I was miss sold seads

Hi guys,

First time poster long time stalker.

Back in november i bought some Carolina Reaper Seeds from The Chilli Pepper Company and i have been happily growing them in pride of place in my living room.

They have been fruiting for 3 weeks but they look nothing like the pics of the Reapers on the net.

Could you guys please help me try and identify what these are.

Thanks in advance

Interrobang

Clear Flower pic

IMG_20150511_174406.jpg

Clear fruit pic

IMG_20150511_174424.jpg

Thanks for the quick response, I have contacted the vender and gave him the transaction number. All i can do from now is wait and see. :tear:

moruga welder said:
:welcome: to T.H.P. !   definitely a reaper ! that sucks !     :onfire:

He meant not a reaper , nothing worse then spending all that time to only find out it's not what you paid for. hopefully they at least taste good. 

D3monic said:

He meant not a reaper , nothing worse then spending all that time to only find out it's not what you paid for. hopefully they at least taste good. 
thanks for the correction !  was half awake ! lol 

Welcome :) Those look very much like my Takonotsume, or Hawks Claw peppers I grew last year. Very seady. Good to spice up a stir fry or something but not much flavor to them, if that's what they are :(

Someone probably just mislebelled them. Just email them and let them know that there may have been a mix up.

I have bought from them before and they seem like a fine company to buy from. I have not had much luck with germinating their seeds, specifically the Reapers, but then my set up IS less than ideal.

With respect to Carolina Reaper pepper seeds, the Chilli Pepper Company is kind of like the current UK version of Pepper Joe when the seeds were introduced in the US.  They are a licensed dealer of the seeds.  Oddly, the same accusations that their seeds are something else are surfacing just like they did with seeds from Pepper Joe back in the day.  Seems really weird that the official licensed dealers are starting to get reputations like the folk on Ebay.  I would think just the opposite.

Weird thing is, I have ordered from both Pepper Joe and the Chilli Pepper Company and I have never had a problem with either folk shipping mislabeled seeds.

ajdrew said:
Weird thing is, I have ordered from both Pepper Joe and the Chilli Pepper Company and I have never had a problem with either folk shipping mislabeled seeds.

I ordered Bolivian rainbow seeds from Pepper Joe, but received aji omnicolor instead. I was looking for the ornamental value of the purple flowers and foliage, and got neither of those. Other than that his seeds were good quality.

Suchen - Have heard that a lot about Pepper Joe.  Thing is, I distinctly remember ordering from him as far back as when his catalog was more photo copied list.  To date, never had a problem.

Pepper_Rancher - I seem to have much better luck on Ebay than most folk.  PM your Ebay name or link to me.  I buy and sell there, but much less selling now that my site is hitting more.  Less fees n all.

Back