• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Strawberry Carolina Reaper Jam

• 5 cups crushed strawberries (about 4lbs)
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 6-8 Tbsp Ball Pectin
  • 7 cups granulated sugar
  • 8 or so 8 oz jam jars

• 4 oz of Carolina Reaper Mash (4 oz and you taste the pepper more, 2 oz and is a little milder)

DIRECTIONS:
  1. PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil.  Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
  2. COMBINE strawberries and lemon juice and Carolina Reaper mash in a 6- or 8-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that can not be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
  3. ADD entire measure of sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
  4. LADLE hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
  5. PROCESS in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.

21mytmo.jpg

2hnymqh.jpg

i2se2b.jpg

2w596xw.jpg

LA 2 the Bay said:
I want some!!! I must buy:P
its very good

we kept some in the fridge overnight that we didnt seal, last night it was pretty potent with the Reaper taste...today that taste has calmed down a bit and now the strawberry jam tastes comes forward, with the nice Reaper burn. 4 oz's of mash is going to our go to amount now.

today first test on everything bagels with cream cheese to see how hot it was....it was hot :)

my better half named it Strawberry Creaper

4uj6e0.jpg

15r1cv6.jpg

351xp5e.jpg

LA 2 the Bay said:
So is this stuff for sale?
nope... if i could find a cheap way to ship a jar i would give you one for free....it can take up to 2 weeks for this jam to set properly as i used liquid pectin this time instead of my usual like the posted recipe...its more like a thin strawberry jam

BamsBBQ said:
its very good

we kept some in the fridge overnight that we didnt seal, last night it was pretty potent with the Reaper taste...today that taste has calmed down a bit and now the strawberry jam tastes comes forward, with the nice Reaper burn. 4 oz's of mash is going to our go to amount now.

today first test on everything bagels with cream cheese to see how hot it was....it was hot :)

my better half named it Strawberry Creaper

4uj6e0.jpg

15r1cv6.jpg

351xp5e.jpg
Thats niiiiiiiiicccce!

What vape ya running Bam?

Hi All :)
I just joined and have a question about the amounts of this recipe. The 4 oz of reaper mash, is that 4 oz weight or 4 liquid oz?
I have a wonderful harvest of reapers from my garden this year (I am in Ontario Canada) and 4oz weight is a significant number of peppers...11 ping pong ball sized ones to be precise. Does that sound right?
Thanks for the help!!

That's a fluid ounce, I would be 99% sure of.

Reactions: Yaz

I am hoping to get around to making this this weekend. I will keep track of how many peppers go into 4 fluid oz.... that is a half cup.... so maybe all 11 will fit all mashed up!

Back