- 5 cups crushed strawberries (about 4lbs)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6-8 Tbsp Ball Pectin
- 7 cups granulated sugar
- 8 or so 8 oz jam jars
4 oz of Carolina Reaper Mash (4 oz and you taste the pepper more, 2 oz and is a little milder)
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- COMBINE strawberries and lemon juice and Carolina Reaper mash in a 6- or 8-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that can not be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- ADD entire measure of sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- LADLE hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Edited by BamsBBQ, 17 May 2015 - 12:14 PM.