• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Grocery store pepper ID

Scored a handful of these at the grocery store, they was unlabeled so guy charged me 38 cents for all them. Any ideas, i'm thinking maybe peruvian cherries, they are thick walled and crunchy, nose still burns after rubbing it 10min ago

Scuba_Steve said:
Cherry bomb

I got some too a few months back. 3 out of 100 sprouted when I tried to use the seeds. 

I got them on post at the commissary btw. 

CAPCOM said:
Yep what he ^ said

Also heard that name for hot peppers that look just like that one from a vendor at the Farmers Market.

Yes the Cherry Bomb. I have 6 plants growing this year and 1 of my plants has some green one bigger that walnut on it lol. I'm looking forward to seeing how they will taste when they ripen. My neighbor gave me the plant that he grew last season. Its really taken off since I've had it in February.

D3monic said:
Scored a handful of these at the grocery store, they was unlabeled so guy charged me 38 cents for all them. Any ideas, i'm thinking maybe peruvian cherries, they are thick walled and crunchy, nose still burns after rubbing it 10min ago

little nose burn never hurt a chili head before ! lol

skullbiker said:
The Cherry Bomb varieties are my favorite. I grow several varieties and numerous plants every year. I like to make sauce and relishes out of them, and also pickle them in a sweet brine.
Here's a pic of a few from last harvest.
is that a nickel or a quarter in that pic ?

I got some cherry red pepper are these the same?? Will post pics tomorrow when I go around my garden.. Also heat wise how would y'all rate this pepper. Mine will finish riping in a few days can't wait to try

Here's that same one after being in the ground a couple of weeks.

Heatwise they are like Jalapeno or less but much sweeter flavor. I make sauce,relish, and pickle them in a sweet brine. They are by far my favorite pepper out of all the types that I grow.

Back