• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

trying my hand at a mild sauce.

So I decided to make a toned down, thinner sauce. I usually don't food mill or cheesecloth to reach end product. Today I did.

The players ( not pictured garlic, ACV )
Garlic
Onion
Carrot
Aji cito
Aji golden
Mango
Brown sugar
Honey
Apple Cider Vinegar

s35c6OG.jpg

Some saute action. Was going g to char but didn't have time

XYLmDVi.jpg

In ze pot!!!!

f9ZDAW4.jpg

All food milled and cheeseclothed on a spoon to see consistency

pOtbaPV.jpg

Looking like orange juice.

Xv6XoPC.jpg

The verdict?

I like it. Not nearly as hot as I am used to but still very good. Very mangoey then after you swallow a slight throat burn.

That ks for looking!!!

Not bad... I'd suppose a stuffed pork loin would pair well... maybe grilled wings with a good spicy rub first.

Yes it's a compliment I didn't taste it so didn't go over the top with praise lol, it looks good though!

Shrimp sounds about right! Maybe some coconut shrimp with that as dipping sauce too.

Eggs???? Hehe.

Just saying I don't see the mango working on eggs... but french toast yes! So maybe. ;)

I often put any fruit sauce on my eggs!
grantmichaels said:
I can get to eggs from mango if there's scotch bonnet and/or avocado involved ... bridges my conceptual gap ...
how bout eggs crab avocado and white cheddar? Mmmmmmmm!!!!!

SmokenFire said:
The aji citos I grew last year were fockin HOT - nothing mild at all about em.  Your sauce looks beautiful rex.  I could see that brushed on some grilled shrimp skewers for real.
Yes they were hot when I popped one raw. But I didnt go hog wild. 

When I make sauce I usually make a little more than a quart. This time I only made about a quarter of that.

Back