• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

OUCH!!! ***WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS***

So I've had a tooth that has been bothering me (top left rear molar) for a while and pieces just kept breaking off, sometimes painfully. So I finally broke down to get it pulled, figuring it would be like the same tooth on the other side I had pulled almost a decade ago, which was no big deal. Boy was I wrong... I thought the crunching and cracking sound when they were pulling it out was the rotten tooth cracking and breaking apart. Nope, it was my jaw bone! So not only did the tooth come out, but a nice chunk of my jaw bone came out with it. They had to cut my gum away from it as well and I've got several stitches in my mouth.

Just figured I'd share a little gore with y'all. How was your day?

SANY0145.jpg

SANY0147.jpg

I have never had a doctor, dentist, lawyer, realtor, salesman, politician, banker, public servant of any kine'

tell me the truth about any 'thang.

Dentist's especially.

I could rant for 20 pages on THP just on witch doctors and dentists.

Most think that they are smarter than their patients.

Negative. 

They might make more MONEY than their patients but usually not smarter.

Dentists have been telling me for years since I was in my early 20's that I'd 

lose my teeth from receding gum disease.

Those guys are all dead.

I still have all my teeth.

Eat me.

CAPCOM said:
Percocets are much nicer. Than hydrocodone.

That is how I feel too, but you can't beat a mainlined dose of dilauded. That stuff is scary! Having had it on a number of occasions, I could easily see how someone could become addicted to it.

Ouch! Feel better.

I'm 41 years old & have never even tasted alcohol, much less done drugs. I grew up subscribing to the hardcore straight-edge scene & as I got older, realized I'm far far FAR too "all or nothing" to even try that stuff. In college, I was around lots of pretty awful things- roommate ODed on heroin, for instance. In the past 6-8 years ago, I've been to the hospital every 2 years or so. Is it bad that I really enjoy the "melted in my bed" feeling of dilauded & morphine? I've had my gall bladder removed, wisdom teeth taken out, hernia operation, etc & have never taken any pain medication once I got home, but for that brief time in the hospital... yeah, I promise you I'd be dead if ever tried recreational drugs or drank.

coachspencerxc said:
Ouch! Feel better.

I'm 41 years old & have never even tasted alcohol, much less done drugs. I grew up subscribing to the hardcore straight-edge scene & as I got older, realized I'm far far FAR too "all or nothing" to even try that stuff. In college, I was around lots of pretty awful things- roommate ODed on heroin, for instance. In the past 6-8 years ago, I've been to the hospital every 2 years or so. Is it bad that I really enjoy the "melted in my bed" feeling of dilauded & morphine? I've had my gall bladder removed, wisdom teeth taken out, hernia operation, etc & have never taken any pain medication once I got home, but for that brief time in the hospital... yeah, I promise you I'd be dead if ever tried recreational drugs or drank.

I had some problems with drugs when I was younger, but I am completely sober nowadays and have been for a while and I intend on staying that way. It isn't worth it. I had my fun and now is a new chapter in my life. I don't even like taking these pain pills. If you want to get high, get high on life. Do something you wouldn't normally do or get to do like skydiving or going fishing in an exotic location. Beats any other high out there.

TrueNorthReptiles said:
I had some problems with drugs when I was younger, but I am completely sober nowadays and have been for a while and I intend on staying that way. It isn't worth it. I had my fun and now is a new chapter in my life. I don't even like taking these pain pills. If you want to get high, get high on life. Do something you wouldn't normally do or get to do like skydiving or going fishing in an exotic location. Beats any other high out there.

NICELY SAID!!!!!!!

Feel better my friend.

TrueNorthReptiles said:

"I don't have a problem with drugs."

"I have a problem with police."

Keef'.

OmG!  I was expecting a post with wilted plants or something!  

Sheesh-o-rama!  Hope you feel better real soon.  

One side of wisdom teeth extracted with no problems, eating steak the next day.  Other side of wisdom teeth got a dry socket and pain for 10 days until I went back to the doc.  ( I was young and stupid....[22 y/o] didn't know it wasn't supposed to hurt like that---))  

Back