• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

RAIN / SLEET

Man , sure can use a vent forum ! maybe there is one just missing it .  getting sleet / rain since 2 o'clock !  53 degrees out suppose to drop down to mid 30's tonight ! May 20th ! what the he!! ? got everyone in the garden covered , containers all in the garage and green house and my 4 o.w.'s are in the house sprouting pods . had to turn the damn furnace on !  at this rate won't get any peppers off of this years plants !   :onfire:

Oh man, I feel your pain! It has been 40's during the day here. Warming up a bit over the next few days with 50's during the day and 30's at night. Enough already!!!

We have the same damn weather here. It is 51 degrees at 3:30 in the afternoon. It has been getting cold at night here also. That and rain and more rain. The pepper plants aren't looking so good, but the tomatoes are doing great. I turned the heat back on 3 days ago. This some crazy weather we have been having.

We had one of those surprise motherfucker storms yesterday. All the sudden i hear the gushing wind. I rush outside as the thunder is roaring hiding all my plants underneath a table in case of hail. Chilli>my own life. Also had to tie a fence because the wind nearly knocked it off the balcony  :fireball:

Global warming isnt affecting bosnia as much it seems. Weather is as fucked up at it has always been

coachspencerxc said:
no. I actually hate it. Peppers may prefer mine over yours but I love cold.
i was just kidding with ya my friend ! some one might as well have the warmth ! i remember how nice it can be down there . my mom / family is from nags head . use to go down there a lot when i was younger . beautiful country .

TrueNorthReptiles said:

They can have some of our rain! It has been raining daily for weeks... And it never rains here!

Well it usually rains here, but here and there. It's been a week at a time here, lately. But my plants are big enough to love it, thank goodness!

My garden got hit really hard by tropical storm Ana about a month ago. 

Almost threw a perfectly healthy tree right into our roof!  Fell into powerlines instead. We lost power for 2 days. Our county had over 100000 without power. 

Trees everywhere fell, but my peppers stood up like champs!  I only had 1 damaged, and that was because a lawn chair landed on it, thrown from at least 20 ft away. Even that 1 recovered nicely. 

moruga welder said:
Man , sure can use a vent forum ! maybe there is one just missing it .  getting sleet / rain since 2 o'clock !  53 degrees out suppose to drop down to mid 30's tonight ! May 20th ! what the he!! ? got everyone in the garden covered , containers all in the garage and green house and my 4 o.w.'s are in the house sprouting pods . had to turn the damn furnace on !  at this rate won't get any peppers off of this years plants !   :onfire:
Drove home from work today at 1 in 42 degrees and pouring rain.  Now calling for 40 tonight.  Last Thursday before I put 45 plants in the ground, this week looked find, a few nights around 48 but nothing of concern.  Then by Friday as I was looking to plant more all the sudden things changed to rain and 3 nights in mid 40s.  Now today the high was mid 40s and low will be 40, hopefully not colder.  I wasn't prepared to cover and have to big of a space, so their going to have to tough it out.  Good side is have 120+ still in the house, bad side is most of what is planted is a large majority of my 7 pot varieties.  Good luck up there tonight, hope all is well for you.   

jcw10tc said:
Drove home from work today at 1 in 42 degrees and pouring rain.  Now calling for 40 tonight.  Last Thursday before I put 45 plants in the ground, this week looked find, a few nights around 48 but nothing of concern.  Then by Friday as I was looking to plant more all the sudden things changed to rain and 3 nights in mid 40s.  Now today the high was mid 40s and low will be 40, hopefully not colder.  I wasn't prepared to cover and have to big of a space, so their going to have to tough it out.  Good side is have 120+ still in the house, bad side is most of what is planted is a large majority of my 7 pot varieties.  Good luck up there tonight, hope all is well for you.   
thanks my friend , pulled the shade cloth over the garden and covered the cages with plastic , garden hosts my chocolate bhutlahs, peach bhut s.s., yellow brains and y. primos , and chocolate bbg7's. got the rest in the green house and the garage . brought my 4 o.w.'s in the house they have pods on them . also brought in a huge chocolate brain strain and peach scorpion / ghost and caramel 7pod . so i know they'll be fine .70 in the house 

Yea it's chilly over here on this side of IL as well and sleeted all late afternoon. It's supposed to get down to 43 tonight but I didn't cover the plants. I got nothing to cover them with and there wasn't any frost alerts. 

D3monic said:
Yea it's chilly over here on this side of IL as well and sleeted all late afternoon. It's supposed to get down to 43 tonight but I didn't cover the plants. I got nothing to cover them with and there wasn't any frost alerts. 
Sorry to hear about the sleet up north guys.  Wasn't quit so bad here, but damn its cold out there right now.  Best of luck to you guys.  I am sure it won't get cold enough to kill, but similar weather last year seemed to stunt my bells.  They didn't do crap all year.  Planted the hots after and they went nuts.  Hopefully my plastic covered ground will retain enough of the heat to keep the going.  Going to wait a few more days to start putting the rest out.   I should have known seems every year there is one or 2 of these late may cold rainy days.

Back