• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Plant Branching

I've only seen that kind of thing happen when a plant gets "topped" (either intentionally or through breakage) right above a growth node, in such a manner that most or all of the growth node is preserved. That aside, it looks like you may have been using too much fertilizer, so you may want to back off on that for a while.

geeme said:
I've only seen that kind of thing happen when a plant gets "topped" (either intentionally or through breakage) right above a growth node, in such a manner that most or all of the growth node is preserved. That aside, it looks like you may have been using too much fertilizer, so you may want to back off on that for a while.
Geeme you may be right I have used this season a Dutch organic soil medium called BioBizz ... the growth has been extraordinary on the majority of my plants which have shot up ... I feel I have underestimated the amount of nutrients mixed within the medium by adding more and this may well have produced these deformities ... strict diet of water for a while

Maybe make a clone from that first plant and see if it's just part of its genetics? Would be awesome. I don't know much about that sorta thing though. Yet!

Anyways that looks wicked!

Back