• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense ** Post your Scorpion **

After inspiration from a recent Gnarly pod pick I was wondering what other awesome Scorpion Pheno's are floating around..

I'm wondering if someone had some unusual rare strain worth being exposed to us and shared around... So post your Scorpion pics..

NO CROSSES PLEASE.. Unless it's mostly stable and it identifies as a Scorpion.. Eg. Jays Ghost Scorpion, however it has to be new as he already done that.

Feel free to explain the differences, especially if it's above or below average heat or size etc.
Edited by KrakenPeppers, Today, 03:06 PM.

Well that maybe true, there are already 1000 images of every pepper out there ... And while I'm not saying it won't happen, if all your concerned about is your photo being taken, watermark it.. If not share the love

I believe finding that next "Special Strain" of a variety is worth a photo or two.. For all we know there's a THP member reading right now who has one and doesn't even know it's any different.

cmpman1974 said:
Watermarking is pretty useless.  People remove it quickly sadly.

Chris
If someone is that desperate to get your image and removed your watermark .. Good luck to them.. A post to eBay complaints will have there product taken down anyway as it breaches there terms and conditions of image use ...

My first red-turners of the year.

VTNwRPT.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga

From last season:

I am growing seeds I saved from the Brown, but no Red this year.

Red Large Scorpions
100_0785.jpg

Brown Large Scorpion (same packet of seeds as above).
100_0789.jpg

I have pods on the Large Scorpion plants, will post more pics when they are ripe.

Tasty looking browns... Was the seed stock your own or supplied to you ?? Just wondering if those browns are a cross or off pheno ?? Are the browns all from one plant or a few ??

I only have 3 scorpion plants for this year, all red Morugas as the "mystery Butch-T" plants I had in containers didn't survive the winter.  Not a loss for me given that I didn't really use the pods all that much last year; most went off to PexPeppers in SFRB's.  I have found that I prefer the flavour of Bhut/Naga superhots over the scorps and related.  This year I've got a nice dehydrator so what I do grow will probably go towards powders, flakes and mashes for making jerky.

KrakenPeppers said:
Tasty looking browns... Was the seed stock your own or supplied to you ?? Just wondering if those browns are a cross or off pheno ?? Are the browns all from one plant or a few ??

I bought the seeds from Jim Duffy.

They were supposed to be red, but one plant produced only brown pods.

KrakenPeppers said:
Those browns sort of have a ' compacted turd ' look about them... Would love to see about getting some seeds from them if it is a possibility ??

Let's see how they turn out.

I would prefer to be certain they are stable and grow true.

Ignite said:
CP115_Growing.jpg

7 Pot Douglah x Chocolate Butch T Scorpion

All I'm going to say is.... WOW....
alkhall said:

Let's see how they turn out.

I would prefer to be certain they are stable and grow true.

Your seeds ,, Your choice my friend.. But I would love a chance to get hold of some (stable or not) should you ever be willing ... =D

Here are early "scorpion" pods I took today. These are very early season pods, which are smallish and a bit miss-shaped. I've got a few more, but they're still camera shy.

Yellow TS Butch T

17694557373_67a7609255_c.jpg

This one might not apply, but here's my "Fatalii x TSMB F3." It seems stable so far. It seems to retain a nice balance between the Fatalii and TSMB shape with great heat and flavor. I've got F4s in the Aerogarden. The plants are large but not yet producing pods. Might be naming the F4s if they continue to hold true.

18311272032_7366c5d9e7_c.jpg

Back