• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

This made the news - Huh

High School Punishes Teen For Sharing Ghost Pepper With Classmates

052715ghostpepper.jpg

(Only Fabrizio/Shutterstock)

When they're not suspending students for dumb NFL memes, Long Island high schools are suspending teens for what's in their lunch boxes. A student at Centereach High School was disciplined when several students in his class were sickened by trying a piece of the teen's ghost pepper that he'd brought to school. According to CBS New York, students were forced to leave gym class after symptoms of the pepper manifested as stomach and mouth pain. The school should be grateful they're just eating them
"My friends saw that I had the new ghost pepper with me, and they all wanted to see how spicy it really was, because everybody thought that basically they could handle it and it was nothing," explained Nick Lien, the student. "So they all tried a piece." 
After students ended up at the nurse's office, Lien's mother was summoned to the school. "I ran to the school to wonder why. I didn't know what it was," recalled Sharon Lein. "I asked if it was pepper spray, peppers on sandwiches, and she said it was my son brought a pepper to school—which I happen to have. We eat hot peppers, so it's, like, no big deal." 
Lien was given a choice between a two-day, after-school detention or a one-day, in-school suspension. "I was told that it's equivalent to giving someone LSD," Lien revealed. But the family is fighting the school's actions, saying that not only aren't there state regulations regarding ghost peppers in school, but that the disciplinary action will harm Lien's grades. "Students' rights cannot be violated by dictating to them what they can and can't bring in for lunch, so it's an outrage," according to the family's attorney. 

Contact the author of this article or email tips@gothamist.com with further questions, comments or tips.

Nell Casey in Food on May 27, 2015 1:18 pm

LMAO !  hey they wanted to try it ! their problem , kinda like the guy i work with who claims to be a chili head . i gave him one of my little ( winter ) red bbg7 pods and he ran around holding his chest and then went outside to puke . i didn't force it on him .  its food ( yes i warned him prior ) ! but i thought it was damn funny all the faces he was making !    :onfire:

robbyjoe01 said:
Still LMAO.......LSD!!!!! Been there done that and no pepper has ever got me tripping...sign me up for that pepper
You need to fertilize it with LSD for that to happen.

And wow, this school has sticks up their arse. I shared some reapers at lunch and a teacher just looked at us funny and then called us retarded. Then when we got to his class, he spent half the time laughing at our stupidity. Another time a teacher was given hot food(not by me) and everyone had a good laugh about it.

"But the family is fighting the school's actions, saying that not only aren't there state regulations regarding ghost peppers in school" 

Ah but there soon will be, along with "Mothers against Bhuts". Just wait and see!

BlackFatalii said:
Equivalent to giving someone LSD, that is just an unbelievably stupid thing to say. I seriously doubt we will be seeing "Wendy's LSD fries" anytime soon...  :rofl:

Well knowing wendys they will just be dusted in nutmeg instead LSD... 

Speaking of cartoon world. I remember watching Toy story when it first came out tripping. Rest the night everything had that pixar cartoonish effect to it. Only time it ever did anything like that. I've gobbled quite a few hundred hits in my time. 

Ugh, never see it any more. Wanna talk about scary ass trip. Dramamine. That stuff scared the shit outta me.. only done it a few times. Gotta take like 12-15 instead of curing motion sickness you loose equilibrium and it feels like your tossing and turning on a boat, cobwebs in shadows, full blown hallucinations, time travel, orgies with demons... shit gets deep. 

D3monic said:

Speaking of cartoon world. I remember watching Toy story when it first came out tripping. Rest the night everything had that pixar cartoonish effect to it. Only time it ever did anything like that. I've gobbled quite a few hundred hits in my time. 

Ugh, never see it any more. Wanna talk about scary ass trip. Dramamine. That stuff scared the shit outta me.. only done it a few times. Gotta take like 12-15 instead of curing motion sickness you loose equilibrium and it feels like your tossing and turning on a boat, cobwebs in shadows, full blown hallucinations, time travel, orgies with demons... shit gets deep. 
That nutmeg sheet don't work! From our "research" anyway. 

robbyjoe01 said:
Still LMAO.......LSD!!!!! Been there done that and no pepper has ever got me tripping...sign me up for that pepper

but seriously, they were first off willing to try it, secondly this is far from LSD.  LSD can kill you, ghost not so much. 

LSD. Right. Like people will be going to Floyd shows and eating ten ghosts and loving Comfortably Numb.
That's so "PC" smart it hurts my brain.
I am one O' the folk who went to dead shows and never left the parking lot....to compare that is like apples and oranges.
But, speaking of coincidences...I am working on a cross I've named an orange sunshine.
And because this matters to me...I've never heard of anyone dying from LSD. It can severely change your view of reality, however.
Like, today I was at a friend's...one of his tenants ("a druggie") was having a drug-induced psychotic episode. I had to talk to him to keep him on the path of life.
It's one of those things, if you have not been there, people really shouldn't comment on certain things, like principals.
Anyone who has dropped strips can recognize:

Life is good
and all good comes from life.
Side with life
and good things will happen.

Boy, I old as the air I get so heated.

Doc

Shoot, blotter always gave me headaches. -this is where some fresh fish speaks about liquid- I'd prefer any thing with a print on it.
D3monic said:

I remember Xanax blackouts and yes, the Dramamine. I remember being in a friends explorer...the first one that came out...in about '90...dramamine..in the passenger seat...and I fell into the seat and through the seat I was already sitting in..and actually existed below the damn car for the whole car ride. Wow. Heady stuff.
Hottest pepper I ever had was like, nothing, compared to those things.

Black pyramids was one my favorites. Lil 3D gel tabs. Would leave a black streak on your tongue as they melted. Every time the night sky would turn pink and it would seem like a storm rolled in. Great stuff. Would buy it from a guy who had a ferret running around his house always trying to snatch your weed out your pocket. Would feel a tug and look down to see the lil bastard running off dragging your back dumping it on the carpet.

Sans the chemical being added, (modern) Blotter art is BEAUTIFUL and very collectible!! Just keep scrolling and scrolling.. - https://www.google.com/search?q=blotter+art&biw=1375&bih=674&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CC4QsARqFQoTCLSb09WZ9sYCFQGSHgod2NAF-w

Interesting read... http://www.juxtapoz.com/current/blotter-art-the-institute-of-illegal-images

http://blotterbarn.com/ Lots of interesting reads in the institute tab, more geared to the historical blotters, purchase prints, etc..

Frame em' & Hang em'. All the contemporary to the old school ones - a uniquely American cultural art form - http://www.blotterart.com  http://www.blotterartcompany.com/

psychedelic_yoda_zps1x2dxlcs.jpg

Phil said:
LSD???? Have they ever tried LSD??? Trust me... it's NOWHERE NEAR the same! Half hour of pain being compared to 12 hours of living in a scary cartoon world that looks a whole lot like reality. Ignorant statement there.
I know this is an older post Phil but made me fall off my couch laughing!! :)

Phil said:
LSD???? Have they ever tried LSD??? Trust me... it's NOWHERE NEAR the same! Half hour of pain being compared to 12 hours of living in a scary cartoon world that looks a whole lot like reality. Ignorant statement there.
i thought it was a funny cartoon . lol 

Back