• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Seedlings with Curling Leaves, Yellowing

I've started from seed for a few years now but this is the first year I'm having this issue.

Most of my seedlings, but particularly the C. annums have upturned and curling true leaves and some yellowing around the edges.

My potting soil is a mix of Lambert organic Canadian peat moss, coarse perlite, coarse vermiculite, Lambert Garden Soil, pellitized lime and blood meal (these last two in very small amounts).  I've used this mix in prior years without issue.

My light table is in the garage for this year instead of on the back porch.  Both locations get fairly warm during the day due to sun heat gain, but the garage never goes above 90'F.

I've maintained my typical watering regimen; only watering when the soil feels dry.  I water with dechlorinated tap that has been left to sit and outgas for at least 3 days prior to use.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this issue?

CIK201e.jpg

Gqy7J1g.jpg

They look drowned.

Surface dampness is a notoriously poor indicator of water requirements.  Ideally, the entire plug of soil should get nearly dry before you water. 

Suggest you pick up each pot to judge the weight.  Water only when it feels REALLY light.

I'll back off on the watering a bit and see how that goes.  Like I said, the only variable that has changed this year is the location of the light table (garage vs. porch)

I agree - the soil appears to be soaked. If you don't have a fan on the plants, get one. It will both help prevent damping off and also help them dry out a bit quicker. As Geonerd stated, only water when the pots don't weigh much. Keep in mind that on your back porch the plants got wind. In the garage, nada air flow unless you provide it.

Too much water I try to leave them in something small till they get a few sets that way it uses the water and drys some

Back