• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pimenta Leopard pods looking more like Pimenta De Neyde? 5/31 Update (Photos)

I got these seeds from Redtail Forester a few years back.  The plant I grew out last year had the more typical bhut shaped pods.  This plant, grown from the same seed stock, has totally different shaped pods.  Do you think it's still a Pimenta Leopard?  Are these pods already ripe?

They usually ripen to red/black, right? I'd hate to let the pods go bad waiting for them to redden up, if they're not going to change color. Crap, another conundrum...

Just keeping checking their tenderness by squeezing them occasionally. When they cease being firm and become softer, then they are ripe, even if they stay black.

AaronTT said:
Just keeping checking their tenderness by squeezing them occasionally. When they cease being firm and become softer, then they are ripe, even if they stay black.

This or grip individual pods and tug up with light force. If the stem snaps from the plant easily, the pod is ripe or very close to it, if it holds tight, it's not ready. No conundrum. ;)

Pods are changing color once again, a little green forming on each pods.  These may still end up having the Pimenta Leopard coloring, yet.  Just an odd shape.

Those might be early pods... I am growing the same. I got seeds from FB friend... have couple rounder pods and also have elongated
..Same colors and all. Just be patient padawan

Back