• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fox Farms Kangaroots root stimulator.

I have a few plants / Reapers-White Bullet to name a couple that look green and healthy for the most part but are not growing as fast as the others kinda stalling at about 8 inch's in height I've had them potted since the end of March, Anyone used the Fox Farms Kangaroots ?  

I've heard that Reapers are notoriously slow starters but soon catch up...To answer your question, no, I haven't used it..

Heckle said:
2 months in the same pot? Maybe upcan them.

Na I potted them into 5 gallon pots & decent soil (Pay Dirt 2 cubic foot with 7 #1 pots of pearlite per bag) around the end of March growing them under shade cloth

Gargoyle91 said:

Na I potted them into 5 gallon pots & decent soil (Pay Dirt 2 cubic foot with 7 #1 pots of pearlite per bag) around the end of March growing them under shade cloth

Then probably like meinchoh said. And I havent used it either.

I have never used Kangaroots but I do use Microbe Brew which has many of the same mycorhizzae in it and it does work marvelously when you have puny looking plants.  Try it with AACT with some fulvic acid and compost and see how that works

I noticed on two of my plants that when I transplanted too early from plastic cups to 5+ gallons they were slower growing than the ones I properly waited for. Ended up being that those plants were overwatered, and the soil took quite a long time to dry out. The small root systems stalled because they didn't need to keep reaching further to find water I think. Ended up not watering the bhut that went into the 14 gallon pot for about a month! During that time growth was very slow. Once it properly dried out a bit and the leaves started drooping, it got watered with 6-4-4 and in the past 3 weeks growth has exploded.

I agree that watering with a microbe brew/compost tea should have some good results for you. Maybe not immediately, but within a week or two you will notice a much healthier root system. One reason I love Promix and Tomato tone, they incorporate mycorrhizae already.

Back