• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Spicy Chocolate Candy Bars?

Any of you seasoned chefs try your hand at chocolate bars? I'm definitely going to experiment with this ! 

If yes, any helpful suggestions?

I've been trolling the net and the ingredient list is pretty basic. Aside from chocolate, cinnamon seems to be a key ingredient. I have a bunch of powders made from reapers and other super hots and I'm looking for suggestions on  a starting point with the amount of chile powder to add. Upon reading  a few recipes, seems like they  call for 1 1/2 teaspoons of ancho or lower scoville chile powders per 12 oz choc. I'm going to start with 1/4 tsp of killer powder per 12 0z and see how that goes.

Orange, cinnamon and clove all work as minor ingredients to make the chocolate taste "spiced" but what it really comes down to is your choice of chilli. Personally, I'd put Jolokias/Nagas with milk, Ajis with dark and a mellower flavoured superhot like the reaper with white. Others might work but, quite frankly, you won't get much heat with anything weaker than the ghost in milk or white, the lactose cuts it down so much. Which is a shame because Aji milk sounds delicious otherwise.

Been making chocolates for years, I use dates to sweeten Pure org Chocolate paste. Last one I did I blitzed Hazelnuts with Yellow Hab and Dates, then mix in the melted chocolate.

Back