• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Mixology and Cocktails!

I searched the forum for a general cocktail thread and didn't see one.  Maybe I missed it, but I started playing more and more with mixing drinks and I know there are some creative people on this here site.  Let's see your cocktails!  I know I've had a few good spicy cocktails, but I don't really want to limit this thread to just spicy stuff because I want to see them ALL. Share a recipe, a pic, a suggestion!  I posted this in the meatless thread I usually post in, but thought some of you meat eaters who disregard that thread might be more into cocktails and mixed drinks, so this is a repost from friday, but I'm spending today mixing up more!

Blackberry bourbon cocktail:
hLkzvSv.jpg

Its muddled blackberries, mint, and meyer lemons, with bourbon and simple syrup.  Shaken with ice, strained (for the blackberry seeds) and garnished with mint!
Cheers!

here ya go, tequila manhattan with some smoked powder.  That hornitos is an interesting tasting tequila, you can taste the whiskey barrel but it has the tequila flavor. I put sweet vermouth in it but it didn't make the photo, just a splash of the dry.  The cherries aren't ready yet, so had to skip that part. 
8mz9VRQ.jpg

next time I'll use orange peel/garnish instead of lime.

JayT said:
I once invited a couple friends back to the house for margaritas.  I got here and realized I had no tequila but a brand new $50 bottle of Don Julio.  We drank some expensive margaritas.  Ask Wheebz.

It's harder to manage the flavors of top shelf liquor in cocktails, for me ...

That why I gave up buying Grey Goose etc ... Luksusowa's decent enough to shoot (from the icebox), but plays nicely in mixed drinks ...

Still looking for that tequila ... I shoot Patron Silver or Hornitos,  but can't make a tasty cocktail w/ either to save my life ...

Granted, tequila's a little bit harder to work with to begin with in my opinion ...

I used to make mean 'rita's ... I liked a little Cointreau, or Grand Marnier, along w/ the Triple Sec etc ...

Took me far too many years to learn about powdered sugar, too.

And that's about all that I ever learned along the way.

Danielle hasn't been down on the floor in some time, now.

Ew. Patron is the worst. I have Milagro silver for mixing. I dont really shoot tequila, I actually enjoy the flavor of tequila. It pairs well with a number of flavors I think, try it with a grapefruit san pelligrino or cucumber and ginger ale. Cucumber and tequila is really good.

Riazul blanco is great. But I dunno how easily its found. Anyway,  this here is my dude's drink for right now, The Brooklyn Eagle.  Bourbon, triple sec, lime juice, sweet vermouth.  

An5vxxF.jpg

I like it, he said it taste too margarita-y for him, so I'm gunna drink this one too... Might make a DC appearance later... o.0

Back