• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Water Evaporates from Aerogrow system

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this post.  I have a starter Aerogrow system and when I set it up, I filled the water to the "fill to here" line.  The problem is that the tank evaporates a lot.  If I don't occasionally add water, it is almost empty in a month's time.  Where is the water going?  To the roots?

Is this normal for these types of systems?

Agree with all above. I've got lettuce in mine at the moment and having to top up every 5 or 6 days now, though as the roots grow it's getting to be more like 4 or 5 days.

^ yes plants are drinking it... especially when they get larger.

Are you guys continuing to refill with aerogarden nutrients or do you have your own cheaper methods?

MeatHead1313 said:
Agree with all above. I've got lettuce in mine at the moment and having to top up every 5 or 6 days now, though as the roots grow it's getting to be more like 4 or 5 days.

Nice idea meathead. I put mine away a month ago when I was done planting peppers. I might have to get it out again for lettuce. That would be nice.

pepper_rancher said:

Are you guys continuing to refill with aerogarden nutrients or do you have your own cheaper methods?

Any good hydro nute will work fine. I like the FloraDuo two part but a lot of guys swear by the GH 3 part stuff.

Jeff H said:
Any good hydro nute will work fine. I like the FloraDuo two part but a lot of guys swear by the GH 3 part stuff.

The reason I ask is to share my finding that masterblend comes out to about $0.016 (1.6 cents) per application gallon (with flawless results in aerogarden).
I dont know what you get FloraDuo at, but I think it is roughly 10x the price per (application strength dosage) gallon.
Im happy to post more details if youre interested.

pepper_rancher said:

I've only had the system for 3 months and following the instructions of giving it the measured amount every 2 weeks, I have tons left.  A rough finger measurement shows another 9 months left, so it looks liek they include a year's supply.

Back